cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift headset not recognized

intouchexperien
Honored Guest
So last week everything worked fine.  I leave my office, and come back in.  Computer is still running.  All looks fine.  However when I try to boot up the Oculus experience it tells me that my headset isn't plugged in.  I check.  It is.  I check all the cords for broken pins or general problems.  None.  I uninstall software and reinstall.  Still not recognized.  I switch ports (all ports working fine with sensors and tv) but not the headset.  It's acting like the plug has been pulled from the headset, but I swear it's perfectly plugged in.  Is there anyway to get this addressed?
4 REPLIES 4

Fochs07
Explorer
i JUST started this problem today too. I restarted my system and now my audio for the rift flashes on the "playback devices" and the system does not see my headset either... ive restarted, un plugged and plugged back in...what the heck?  **edit ** i did just update my driver to the 391.35 video driver

lag0matic
Heroic Explorer
Roll back that driver. I had nothing but troubles with it. Go back to 388.59

Fochs07
Explorer
I just did, and the USB audio device is flashing...first  it's there then disappears. its giving me a usb device not recognized. ****EDIT****    i just moved the audio usb cable from one slot to another and its working now... for how long is anyone's guess...

ErrolMc
Honored Guest
Tried all the recommended steps, even performed a system restore with no success.  Changed the USB port for the headset cable and all OK.  Thx @Fochs07