cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right-side headphone stopped functioning.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Oculus, I got my rift earlier this week from Bestbuy, and this morning when I put it on I noticed the audio on the right side was cutting in and out till it eventually stopped working all together. I imagine it has to do with the wiring inside as it seems to depend on how tight it is on my head.  Anyways; I don't have a clue about fixing things like this, so I was wondering if you could give any advice on what to do..   Thanks, I really love this product and it just isn't the same with only one side having audio. x_x
231 REPLIES 231

Goobers
Adventurer
It's most likely a loose connection inside the HMD near where it comes out into the strap.

Contact support... You'll probably end up having to send it to them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ugh, that's so disappointing.   RIP VR for however long that process might take.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try removing it, blowing on the connection, and reattaching (sounds silly, but I've fixed this same problem like that). You can remove the headphone piece using the little black screw-driver that comes in the box. See if that helps.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Try removing it, blowing on the connection, and reattaching (sounds silly, but I've fixed this same problem like that). You can remove the headphone piece using the little black screw-driver that comes in the box. See if that helps."

Alright, just tried it; same thing.  Didn't know these come off so easily, that's pretty cool.  Seems to randomly flicker on/off while adjusting the strap.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well; I sent a support ticket in,  I guess worst case scenario is I could probably just take off the headphones as they come off pretty easily and just get some new headphones to wear over the rift, but I don't imagine that to be very comfy for VR; and would just be a whole new cable to worry about.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure why it takes them so long to "look into" why the wiring inside the headphone would be bad, anyone know if bestbuy does replacements on Oculus Rift?  Never really shopped there before now.

Jackrabbit710
Explorer
This has just started happening to me. no sound out the right one! any fix?

lairyboy
Protege
If it's less than week old I would take it back to Best Buy for a replacement.

bolod
Honored Guest
I have the same problem with my CV1 bought from Bestbuy too ! The right-side headphone cuts in and out, but it doesn't seem to be linked with the set position in my head. It happens randomly. Please, help me ! It breaks all VR experience...