cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roblox has sound but just shows 3 dots

SumzyStorm
Explorer

I'm trying to set up Roblox in VR on my daughter's Quest via link.

I can get sound from the Roblox game on the headset but no visual on the headset...just black with 3 white dots then returns to the home screen.

The cable test says the connection is fine. The laptop meets the minimum spec.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I do not own a Quest 2, nor do I play Roblox - but to my knowledge Roblox has only officially supported Vive and Rift CV1 hmds, so I don't think Quest 2 is supported. Still many have got it working - but you may expect some hassle finding the best or a possible solution. 

Is this guide better?

https://www.republicworld.com/technology-news/gaming/how-to-play-roblox-on-oculus-quest-2-heres-a-de...

Even more guides here - hope just one will work! 🙂 🤞

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Does this help?

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

SumzyStorm
Explorer

After watching the video I bought the virtual desktop app so now I have sound and vision on the headset but still can't play it in VR mode...only able to move the avatar using keyboard 😞

I do not own a Quest 2, nor do I play Roblox - but to my knowledge Roblox has only officially supported Vive and Rift CV1 hmds, so I don't think Quest 2 is supported. Still many have got it working - but you may expect some hassle finding the best or a possible solution. 

Is this guide better?

https://www.republicworld.com/technology-news/gaming/how-to-play-roblox-on-oculus-quest-2-heres-a-de...

Even more guides here - hope just one will work! 🙂 🤞

Thanks for your help. I couldn't get it working so bought a Rift S. Expensive just for Roblox but it was her birthday.

And now it's working?

The Quest 2 Link still isn't working but the new RiftS worked with Roblox immediately, no issues. Thanks for your help.