cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryzen 7 3700x and RTX 3060 Ti not supported for Oculus Link?

WillandThomas752
Explorer

Title says it all, I recently installed the Oculus app on my new SSD, and I ran the compatibility checker. It says that my graphics card and processor aren't supported, even though Nvidia 3000 series cards are supported on the website, and any AMD processor better than a Ryzen 5 1500x is supported. Also, the home screen says "Your computer doesn't meet the updated minimum specifications, which can lead to poor experience in VR". Previously, when I used Oculus on my old drive, I never had any compatibility issues, and never saw that message. I've already reinstalled the app and updated all my drivers and Windows 10 software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey WillandThomas752, we appreciate the response! This can happen if something in your system hasn't been added to our database of supported components. If there aren't any issues using link it's more than likely a false positive and you're free to keep gaming!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thanks for contacting us! We noticed that you are trying to determine whether or not Ryzen 7 3700x and RTX 3060 Ti are supported with Ocululs link. We understand that this can be a bummer. Rest assured, we're here to help!

As a reminder, Oculus link only supports Windows 10 at this time (not Windows 11). To assist you better, we will more than likely need to look at your Oculus logs. In order to perform this check, we will need to submit a support ticket. You may submit a support ticket by clicking here

Always glad to help! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am using Windows 10, and already submitted support logs to a customer support rep yesterday, reinstalled the app per their instructions, and cleared caches and reinstalled games.

Hey WillandThomas752, thanks for your response! Seeing as you've already submitted logs, reinstalled the app and cleared caches and whatnot, we want to check if there are any updates to drivers or systems as well. Sometimes there may be outdated drivers or pending updates that could interfere with the Link and its performance. We've included a guide on how to check for updates to your drivers here! The article is titled for Rift/Rift S but applies to Quest/Quest 2 as well.

For Windows, there's an article on how to check for updates here!

If updates are found for either, make sure you restart your PC once they are complete, then try to use Link again.

Also, are you receiving any problems trying to run VR despite the error? Sometimes the software can throw a false positive, even though the PC meets the recommended specs. Cheers!

My graphics drivers, processor, USB drivers, and Windows all are up to date, so that's not the issue. I can still use Oculus Link without performance issues, but every time I open the app it shows a big blue banner saying that my pc doesn't meet the updated minimum specifications. Also, when I run the compatibility checker, it says my GPU and CPU are both unsupported.

Hey WillandThomas752, we appreciate the response! This can happen if something in your system hasn't been added to our database of supported components. If there aren't any issues using link it's more than likely a false positive and you're free to keep gaming!

I can play without any issues, but I'd appreciate it if you added my components to the whitelist json compatibility file so I wouldn't get the message anymore.

Slavsquat69
Honored Guest

Hi,
I believe i have a similar issue:
I also have a RTX 3060 Ti that I just bought to upgrade my PC. Before i changed it, it worked fine and now i cannot even get into the VR menu with oculus link.
I also have that message about recommended specs for the computer.
Could you save me ?
Dearly,
Maxime

Howdy howdy @Slavsquat69, we were zooming on by and noticed you are needing assistance with your graphics card. We know that PCVR can be finicky, and we understand how important being able to access PCVR is for your gaming experience. We would love to assist you all that we can on this matter!

So that we can look into this better for you, can you please review the following:

• Is your integrated card disabled and the new dedicated card is enabled?
  • Have you updated all of the drivers for your PC (especially the graphics card)?
  • You can try to repair the Oculus PC app.

For some troubleshooting we can provide in the meantime, can you please attempt these steps:

To manually assign the GPU:

1. Close the Oculus Desktop software
  2. Open Windows Settings > System > Display > Graphics Settings
  3. Select Classic App from the drop down and click Browse
  4. Select the OculusClient.exe
    (By default, this will be installed C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe)
  5. Click Options > High Performance > Save
    Ensure the "High Performance" option has your dedicated graphics at the top of this menu.

To set Oculus Process Priority:

1. Open Task Manager
  2. Go to the Details tab
  3. Find OVRServer_x64.exe
  4. Right click on it and select Set Priority
  5. Set this priority to High

We hope to hear from you soon!

Hiya hiya! We're just moseying on over to see if you are still in need of assistance. If so, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!