cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Blocked in "Adjust Your Focus" for 2 days now.

MrKaktus
Explorer
Skipping “Check your Setup” leads to deadlock / limbo state in installer at “Adjust Your Focus” (I don’t see anything in HMD, it’s black). I cannot use back arrow to move back, I cannot reset the setup, Oculus app/setup is locked at this state and even full reinstall of the Oculus app is not helping as it’s immediately jumping to “Adjust Your Focus” step.

1. How to RESET the Setup process to start from beginning ?
  2. How to verify if HMD is receiving signal through HDMI cable ? (is there any other status light except of proximity sensor ?)

Try to imagine how frustrated I am, even first Vive Dev Kit (which was a nightmare to properly setup) was more reliable than this.
18 REPLIES 18

MrKaktus
Explorer
I'm wondering if I need to FORMAT my Hard Drive to get this Setup Reset (I won't), or will somebody provide simple answer to that? How it could go so wrong?

Nalin
Protege
You could try plugging your monitor into your HDMI cable to see if it works.  Did you plug the HDMI cable into your video card or your motherboard?

MrKaktus
Explorer
I have NVidia Quadro M5000 which is Supported. It has 4 DisplayPorts. I'm using DP->DVI->HDMI adapter. It worked fine with DK2.

It also still doesn't solve the "Stuck in Setup" issue. I tried to press blindly Xbox Pad A/B and all the other buttons to just go forward but nothing happens. As there is no Tray icon to check HMD status, it looks like I will need to use SDK Samples to debug through signals returned by Runtime. (If I would be Customer , I would request refund at this point as it is a joke).

bbittnerart
Honored Guest
Hey MrKaktus.  I've had similar issues with the installer and this happens to be one of them.  I have found that deleting the Oculus folders in C:\users\yourusernamehere\AppData\Local ,  LocalLow, and Roaming will revert the installer back to the beginning.  in Roaming make sure you delete both the Oculus folder and Oculus Client folder.  If you want to avoid this you can skip the setup entirely and at least enter the desktop store UI and then choose to complete setting up your hardware later.

MrKaktus
Explorer
Dude !! Thanks! I will check that as soon as I will get back from work. 
It's just so disappointing that we're all in the dark here (and I'm getting help from you instead of Support). 
I'm wondering if my Sensor/HMD even works...
Anyway many thanks for this hint!

bbittnerart
Honored Guest
I know 😞

I've had so much trouble it's incredible.  I know my sensor and headset both work at least because I plugged it all into my laptop first and it all went fine.  It was just a little under-powered so had some lag.  My big desktop machine though has been one issue after another.

MrKaktus
Explorer
Ok, so I've reset whole setup, and my sensor works properly as I was able to go through "Confirm Sensor Tracking" step, but after reaching "Adjust Your Focus" I don't see anything in the HMD. So I don't know if HMD is ok, if signal is reaching it or what. Where I can find logs about HMD?

Did anybody at Oculus tested GPU's with DisplayPort ? 
Do I need DisplayPort->HDMI converter?
Currently I'm using: DisplayPort-DVI + DVI->HDMI
Is audio signal passed directly through HDMI ?  ( I don't hear anything as well )

MarvelGirl26
Honored Guest
We need more games, Halo,Call of duty, just more action game kids aren't the only ones like video games

bbittnerart
Honored Guest
I'm stuck where you are at currently now MrKaktus.  I've been told that the audio runs through USB.  Others have been able to hear audio but with no video.  I get neither as well.  I've tried every type of converter with no changes.