cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED]Error During Installation.

TheLastLibraria
Sightseer
EDIT: Thanks to LZOLTOWSKI, I ended up looking through the log file and ended up Googling the error line which ended up sending me to another LZOLTOWSKI solved thread where Windows Defender was the culprit. Ended up temporarily disabling it and the installation went through perfectly. Now I'm getting some issue with the headset HDMI and its USB not being recognized, but hopefully I can figure that out. Thanks again LZOLTOWSKI!

My Rift was working perfectly fine before the necessary patch. When I tried to install the patch it kept giving me an error, I ended up uninstalling the Oculus software completely hoping to do a fresh install.

Well, that didn't work at all. I can start the installation process and after it downloads and proceeds to the installation process, it will run for a couple minutes and then it gives me the message: "Restart Computer. Sorry, we encountered an error during installation. Please restart your computer and try running Oculus Setup again."

I tried that several times using several options: unplugging the headset and sensors, deleting every Oculus related folder, clearing out the registries.

I don't know what else to do/try to complete the installation process.

Like I said before, everything worked perfectly fine before the necessary patch issue.
Ryzen 1700X
Gigabyte AB350N ITX
16GB Corsair RAM
Win 10, 64-bit
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2

30 REPLIES 30

NukeNorris
Honored Guest
hi LZoltowski

i saw a couples of post with your help and i have to say ... you rock !!!!!

I explain you my problem ,i just made a fresh install of window 10 pro and delete everything on each drive one by one in windows instalation , i just have my gpu driver and others drivers installed,i desabled the 3 things in the antivirus of the windows defender and the 3 firewall things to , i desable my corsair utility pump to ... nothing except the oculus setup.exe   i tryed atleast 10 time with different manipulations before the fresh install, and now 2 times after and nothing its always get stuck between 4.72go and 4.83 go and never end ... i even let it like 2 hours ,no luck i cant even get it install and tryed to repair or patch,cause when i tryed to cancel and install it again ,its patch the .3-.8 but when i tryed the patch its says its already uninstall .....im so lost for real , my pc is 1 month old ,i upgrade it just for the rift and now cant even enjoy it anymore :(((((

any input are apreciate 
my oculus log is below 

sorry for my english btw ,its not my maternal language 😛 

JoeM243
Honored Guest

Hi,

I got the exact same problem, new upgrade and I always get stuck at 4.72 or 4.80GB on the download process. I read lot of discussion regards this kind of issue on this forum (see below) but no one works for me.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62803/solved-issues-with-reinstall-of-oculus-softwa...

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/608770#Comment_608770

Please help

Thanks,

777ryanblack
Honored Guest
This error is a pain! SOLVED! This error is VERY stubborn and annoying! I am a programmer and was stuck on it for about 16 hours. Oculus support takes a long time to reply and never ended up finding a solution. So I took care of it my self!

I tried pretty much all of the solutions posted online one after another with NO LUCK!

What worked for me was actually refreshing the Windows operating system. However the first attempts to refresh the operating system failed.

So I went to the Microsoft website and selected the option to upgrade to Windows 10...even though I was already running Windows 10. It allows you to keep your files, games, etc. but it installs a fresh version of the Windows 10 operating system and forces some updates. 

The next time I tried to install the Oculus suite it installed first try and works PERFECT!!!

The problem seems to have come from damaged drivers, bad security permissions, old installations, antivirus, internet encrytion, damaged operating systems files etc.  Even if you attempt to correct these issues you cant possibly find every aspect of the problem trying to micromanage and correct all the possible solutions is just a waste of time. 

Booting in safe mode, registry edits,adjusting security settings, etc. IS ALL A WASTE OF TIME! 

Refresh the operating system and enjoy your Rift! 

777ryanblack
Honored Guest
Also I just want to point out that even though you can’t see uninstalled programs, changes to internet protocols, damaged operating system files, etc...they are there! Also the system scan showed that all of my updates had been done, drivers were good etc! But if that were true then refreshing the operating system WOULD NOT HAVE WORKED! Upgrading the operating system to correct the error with the operating system restore WOULD NOT HAVE WORKED. The point is these errors are numerous,invisible and very very difficult to find. 

mancini_federic
Honored Guest
My problem was a bank of burnt RAM, that all worked. Use memtest to test the RAM

M0uld
Honored Guest
Hey All, I am also struggling with my instilation and keep getting issues with either it being installed to the wrong drive(not enough space) but when i chnage the drive it says that i need a NTFS drive which is the drive i am using help would be appreciated

M0uld
Honored Guest
Here is my log

Cechri
Honored Guest
Turning off Defender and all firewall/anti-virus worked for me

slycooper9505
Honored Guest
Attempted to install software for my quest to use link. Download fails with restart promt and won't create any support files(log), have turned off defender and ran as admin, safe mode, cmd diagnostics everything... I'm desperate. I have been working with oculus support for two weeks now with no solid solution.  

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have another solution if its a problem with driver installing. I had the problem it was unable to install drivers on my windows version, so i tried to reinstall my graphics driver but i also was unable to install that. For the easy fix you have to start to the recovery menu and search in the menu for uninstall updates and uninstall newest quality update. with that the windows installer and some drivers get reinstalled