cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] HDMI Not Detected

AtomicPizzas
Honored Guest
Hi,

When trying to setup my rift, everything shows up as connected except the HDMI has the loading circle. I used a normal monitor on the same HDMI port which worked fine. When the rift is plugged in the speakers show up as an audio device and on the lenses is my desktop background but it isn't detected by Oculus. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
First of all you need to give us the specs of the PC, but I'm not sure I understand your post correctly. The Rift has it's own audio, so it will show up different to your sound card. But I'm not sure what you mean by the desktop is showing up on your lenses? Are you saying the screens on the Oculus displays are showing up like an extended desktop, like if you had 2 PC monitors and extended them?

AtomicPizzas
Honored Guest

RedRizla said:

First of all you need to give us the specs of the PC, but I'm not sure I understand your post correctly. The Rift has it's own audio, so it will show up different to your sound card. But I'm not sure what you mean by the desktop is showing up on your lenses? Are you saying the screens on the Oculus displays are showing up like an extended desktop, like if you had 2 PC monitors and extended them?

i7 9700K
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
Z390-A Mobo

Yes, it's showing up as an extended display and not detected in the Oculus porgram.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Fully uninstall your graphics card driver and then reinstall it with Oculus plugged in already.

AtomicPizzas
Honored Guest

RedRizla said:

Fully uninstall your graphics card driver and then reinstall it with Oculus plugged in already.

Thank you very much, this fixed it.