cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***SOLVED*** Quest 2 Link Issue: "Connect Your Headset"

Karateka95
Level 2

Hi,

I'm having an issue where the Oculus app on my PC asks me to connect the Quest 2 headset when it already is connected. It won't complete the Link setup. Please see the following for info on the issue.

Equipment/software:

- Windows 10
- Quest 2 VR set
- Official Oculus Link cable for Quest and Quest 2 sets
- ASUS Z170 Pro motherboard
- ASUS NVIDIA GeForce STRIX-GTX1050Ti graphics card

Other info:
- PC is VR ready (verified with GeForce Experience)
- Quest 2 headset is up-to-date
- Driver updated using oculus-driver.exe file in
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers

Some pictures with captions below each image to supplement this post below. Thanks!

Karateka

Cable plugged into Quest 2 set and PCCable plugged into Quest 2 set and PCSeems the PC is able to detect the VR setSeems the PC is able to detect the VR setConnection at VR headsetConnection at VR headsetBack of PC showing USB socketBack of PC showing USB socketBack of PC with Link cable plugged into USB socketBack of PC with Link cable plugged into USB socket

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Karateka95
Level 2

Thanks very much for the suggestions! I went through many other solutions in my own time but it turned out to be a physical fault. The protective plate surrounding the USB ports was improperly mounted and bulging outwards, preventing the USB connector from being fully inserted. I had to remove the motherboard, readjust the protective plate and put everything back together. It's working now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello @Karateka95 please submit a ticket with us and include the log files from your system so we can review them and try and determine why the Quest 2 is not detected. Thanks!

Adam2184
Level 2

If you have one of the more recent nvidia gpus I would try plugging it into the usb c port on the gpu the one on my motherboard didnt provide enough bandwidth for me to use that port

Karateka95
Level 2

Thanks very much for the suggestions! I went through many other solutions in my own time but it turned out to be a physical fault. The protective plate surrounding the USB ports was improperly mounted and bulging outwards, preventing the USB connector from being fully inserted. I had to remove the motherboard, readjust the protective plate and put everything back together. It's working now.

View solution in original post