cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(SOLVED) can't install the Oculus software, please bloody help me!

monjue
Explorer
OK,
So after finally downloading the Oculus software, it gets to the end and wont install and i get this attached error message. I've tried like 5 times now and still nothing. Its frustrating as i have to re download the software each time. I've also tried installing to a different drive and still nothing works. I've been in touch with online chat support, but the guy didn't know what to do to help me? he said "try to re install it again in a couple of days time and see if that works?" I was like wha??
So here i am reaching out to you guys! 
Has anyone had this problem and managed to resolve it? I mean how hard can this be? its just downloading and installing software right?

Thank all!

kcf1k0560x7y.jpg
63 REPLIES 63

zipppy
Honored Guest

a_alleus said:

EDIT: Okay, so I just tried unplugging the Quest (which was plugged in while I tried installing the software) and the installation went through just fine. So yeah, unplugging the headset from my PC worked for me.. so silly.

THANK YOU, this was the solution for me!  That is absolutely ridiculous, why wouldn't the installer just tell you to unplug the headset before installing?  That would have saved me so much hassle.  

I TOO HAD THIS ISSUE. Unplug your headset from your pc during download. Should be in the instructions.

HeathenNZ
Honored Guest
Why cant they fix this over 2 year old problem. How f'n hard is it

astral.mind
Explorer
I had this issue (as well as an issue with downloading Asgard's Wrath) but stumbled across a different solution that worked for me.  It had to do with a missing value in the registry.  This seems to be an issue either with home PC builds, University PC's, or possibly PC's running the professional version of windows.  

The solution is to open a command prompt with admin privileges.  Then type in either: REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Oculus VR, LLC\Oculus\Libraries" or

REG ADD "HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Oculus VR, LLC\Oculus\Libraries".  It can't hurt to add them both.  

wickedtoast
Honored Guest
SO I struggled with this issue for hours and hours on end. for me I needed to get a VPN to get it to work. I found one for free called protonVPN. FINALLY was able to install it....how is that an issue this is crazy to me. I was ready to reinstall windows.

JelloCello76
Honored Guest

SO I struggled with this issue for hours and hours on end. for me I needed to get a VPN to get it to work. I found one for free called protonVPN. FINALLY was able to install it....how is that an issue this is crazy to me. I was ready to reinstall windows. [RESPONSE} thx

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still having this issue. I literally got the Oculus Rift S as a holiday gift, and I still can't the software download to work. I'm not tech savvy. Could someone PLEASE help me?

ethangaming026
Honored Guest
I was having the exact same issue and support was no use. They kept asking if I can send them the logs for Oculus but if they knew what they were talking about they would know that in order to get the logs by using their log gathering executable, the Oculus software has to be installed. It seems that your IP/machine might be getting blocked from the Oculus servers for trying to connect too many times within a certain period of time. It looks like waiting a day or two might be the solution or you can try using a VPN and then running the install again. This worked for me. Hope this works for you guys.

Vrgear1972
Protege
Do not turn off your firewall. Configure the firewall to allow the installer/application through.

Some of the advice here is just downright dangerous...

PrivatePattycak
Honored Guest
I feel like I'm going crazy, I've tried everything here and still nothing...

ethangaming026
Honored Guest

I feel like I'm going crazy, I've tried everything here and still nothing...

Did you try a vpn?