cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved video syncing not an option?

glitchlo
Explorer

We are supposed to be able to synce any video we save to the oculus mobile app. But in files, there is no option to sync videos. It’s supposed to be under recents, I’ve checked and nothing is there. I’m able to export them to google drive, but it’s a lengthy process.

12 REPLIES 12

Alex8995
Honored Guest

I want to transfer my videos to my phone and it won’t let me so I have the same issue

Hi Alex. I'm sorry that you are having this issue. In order to be able to synch your content to the Oculus mobile app, you would need to make sure that they are saved to your PC first. Its worth mentioning that you double check that your USB cable is working properly as well as that you have sharing enabled. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Not on a pc, the application on the phones. The oculus app. We are supposed to be able to sync our media to our oculus app from our saved recordings. It says it in the app, and in your support section. https://support.oculus.com/317431133450056 

Yes, that is a way to sync media to your phone using the mobile app, but you can also move video files onto your PC from the Oculus device. Are you unable to sync the media to your phone?  Are you getting an error message?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

There is no button to press. If you folllow the directions, there’s supposed to be a button in the files app on the headset. The button isn’t there. The software is the latest version. I don’t have a pc. At all. Under the recents tab is where it’s specifically supposed to be. It is not. I’m at work right now, but I will take a picture and send it to my google drive so I can show an example. Apparently this has been an issue with others for about a month. Any updates for them? The thread is literally in the related content.

Drakocxjo
Explorer

hey I know its been a year but did you get a solution for this?

Hey there Drakocxjo, we'd love to look into this issue further. Please submit a ticket on our website here or send us a DM. Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We are committed to ensuring this issue is resolved for you so that you may finally game again with no distractions!

Ryskream
Protege

Did you ever find a fix? I just picked up a Quest 2 and the button is not appearing for me either. Support hasn't found a cause/fix yet, I'm curious if the community did. 

Nope..no fix for me. They might have removed the feature cause I can't find mention of the feature anywhere really