cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshot not working with controllers

Renndoggy
Honored Guest

I'm sure I can't be the only one that is having this problem, I can't take screenshots with the Oculus button and the trigger anymore. Did they change it, I can still do it with voice commands but it isn't always consistent or it takes too long to capture the screen. It also sucks that to take a screenshot that is quick, I have to go to the share screen, click take a photo, then rush out of the share screen to get the shot. Like I said, maybe I missed something, but I can't explain it working one day then the next it doesn't unless they got rid of it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey hey @HerculesIronworks! I know screenshots are a vital way to share your VR experience, and I want to make sure I do what I can to help you get them working right. 

While what @RoastPork said is from over a year ago, the same basic steps are used to take a screenshot still. Make sure you first hold down the Oculus/Meta button on the right controller, then pull the trigger. A blinking red dot should then appear in VR to show that the picture is being taken, and you should then be able to access it from the notification you get right after.

If you're unable to take a capture like this still, I'd definitely recommend taking the batteries out of your controller for ~10 minutes, and then try un-pairing and re-pairing your controllers. If that still doesn't work, you're going to want to either open a support ticket here, or send a private message to @MetaQuestSupport to look into this further.

Lastly, since this thread is pretty old, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. If anyone else is having issues with screenshotting from now on, I'd recommend starting a new thread since the root issue may be different at this point.

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Renndoggy
Honored Guest

Well the topic got screwed up. it was supposed to say :Screenshot not working with controllers".

Fixed the subject for you.

Yeah, using the share thing is annoying for screenshots. I haven't tried any other way for a while though (I forgot what the sequence was)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Mau5R4t
Honored Guest

Oculus button and trigger doesn’t work for me either. The best part is when you double tap the oculus button and ask how to take a screenshot it tells you to use the oculus button and trigger… the help is not up to date apparently and they have removed that functionality based on other forum posts. 

RoastPork
Retired Support

Thanks for sharing y'all's insight on this. I don't know if this will help but according to THIS, you need to hold down the Oculus button on the controller, then you can press the trigger on either controller. Let us know if this does work, or if you have been doing this and it's not working.

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

manat23016ceoshubcom
Honored Guest

Check Internal Storage. Many times, less storage space is responsible for screenshot maker online not working on Android. Some users get the “Can't take screenshot due to limited storage space” error as well. To check your storage, go to Settings > Storage or Settings > General Management > Storage.

That Guide (or Guide Chord) button is either the big silver Xbox button or the Playstation button, depending on the controller you have. Steam's own (no longer in production) controller as a Steam button. You get the picture.

Hi. I realise there hasn't been activity on this thread for a while but I am having this issue. I have seen the instructions @RoastPork points to and that is exactly what I've been trying. I've had Quest1 and Quest2 for a while and just recently got Quest3. I have NEVER managed to get quick photo or quick video to work.

Hey hey @HerculesIronworks! I know screenshots are a vital way to share your VR experience, and I want to make sure I do what I can to help you get them working right. 

While what @RoastPork said is from over a year ago, the same basic steps are used to take a screenshot still. Make sure you first hold down the Oculus/Meta button on the right controller, then pull the trigger. A blinking red dot should then appear in VR to show that the picture is being taken, and you should then be able to access it from the notification you get right after.

If you're unable to take a capture like this still, I'd definitely recommend taking the batteries out of your controller for ~10 minutes, and then try un-pairing and re-pairing your controllers. If that still doesn't work, you're going to want to either open a support ticket here, or send a private message to @MetaQuestSupport to look into this further.

Lastly, since this thread is pretty old, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. If anyone else is having issues with screenshotting from now on, I'd recommend starting a new thread since the root issue may be different at this point.

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!