cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor Detection Issues

iceflarexd
Level 2
Today my 3rd sensor came in for my Oculus Rift CV1 which I was very excited about, and at first it worked great. However, randomly during play it would completely disconnect all of my USB devices from my PC including the VR, which I began to troubleshoot. I started unplugging various USB devices and even my 2nd monitor, and eventually I noticed that one of my sensors stopped detecting after I unplugged and replugged them all in. The fun fact is; my 3rd sensor actually works, the sensor that isn't working is actually the sensor on the left on my desk, one of the original sensors. The one of the right still works, and if I plug it in, the 3rd sensor behind me works fine aswell. I've tried unplugging the 3rd sensor, changing the USB port of the left sensor to 2.0 to 3.0 and vice versa, blowing in the USB port lightly for dust, repositioning the sensor, updating windows, relaunching the Oculus drivers, pretty much anything like that you can think of, but it doesn't work. The only things I suspect are somehow, my PSU could be not allowing another USB device to be plugged in (for some reason only this sensor though and nothing else) or somehow the sensor magically broke while doing pretty much nothing, after it had been working for the past year until I got my 3rd sensor and like I said, it was working with the 3rd sensor until I started unplugging and plugging stuff back in. The 2nd and 3rd sensor work perfectly in any port, USB 2.0 or 3.0, that I put them in, but not the 1st sensor.
3 REPLIES 3

iceflarexd
Level 2
My specs:
GTX 1070 8GB
Intel i5-8400
24GB DDR4 RAM
Asus H310M Motherboard
SSD + HDD Storage
Windows 10 Pro

iceflarexd
Level 2