cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor USB Poor Tracking Quality -8606 / -8602

ecc84
Honored Guest
Hi,
I have a brand new Rift, Touch and laptop (HP Omen -- this one: https://www.amazon.com/Omen-Laptop-NVIDIA-i7-6700HQ-Windows/dp/B01LZWRP4N/ref=sr_1_1/166-7106056-174...

It worked fine for a few days but then started getting tracking quality errors.  I try to go through the setup again and can't get through.  During the "Sensor communication test" I get "Sensor USB Poor Tracking Quality -8606" or sometimes "-8602" for one of the sensors, most of the time.  Every few times it says its OK, but then I can't get past the stage where you stand in the center and point the trigger etc.  I'm often interrupted with a message box that says "Hardware error..." and then takes me back to the Sensor Communication Test.

When I troubleshoot, I see that it's one of my USB ports, not one of the sensors.

But I don't have anything else plugged in, no video streaming, no other programs running.  I've turned off "USB Selected Suspend Settings" in my Power Settings.

Logs are attached.  Can anybody help?  Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5

inovator
Consultant
It happened to me. Solution for me was not to use front usb. The reason is front usb is not connecting directly into motherboard so plugging in the back using usb ports directly in motherboard solved the problem for me. Please report if that works for u.

ecc84
Honored Guest
This laptop only has 3 USB ports, so I don't have any other options.  Thanks though --

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Get a powered usb 3 external card

ecc84
Honored Guest
Thanks -- you don't mean a hub, right?  Could you point me to model?

And it's strange -- when I play a game, the sensors work pretty well.  Occasional drops of 5-10 seconds, but mostly not.  But I can't successfully complete setup (which I wanted to re-do to reset my center and guard play area)

Z4F-Fronk
Honored Guest
https://www.inateck.com/inateck-ktu3fr-5o2i-usb-3-0-pci-express-card.html

Be careful with other external usb cards, because oculus has a "blacklist" of the most other common chip vendors