cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor error when plugged into inateck usb 3.0 5 port pcie controller card?

markm75
Explorer
I purchased this card, recommended by oculus:
https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Express-Connector-Controller-Internal/dp/B00FPIMJEW/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_p...

For the usb connections.. when i plug one of my sensors into this card.. it was registering an error..

Strangely, if i disable the VIA usb entry in device manager, it suddenly goes green.. likewise if i reenable via it seems to still be green.

I dont trust that is Ok plugged into that card though, so for now i moved it to the onboard usb 3.0..

Any thoughts/experiences?
12 REPLIES 12

markm75
Explorer
Anyone have any suggestions on this one?

danivempire
Honored Guest
I have the same card and I had a lot of problems with it recognizing the hmd or sensors...
I changed drivers and stuff but a lot of time the hmd would disconnect or be recognized as usb 2.0

now everything from oculus is on the onboard usb 3.0 port and on the card I have put stuff like printer, keyboard,...

it's been a few weeks and now no problems anymore

markm75
Explorer

I have the same card and I had a lot of problems with it recognizing the hmd or sensors...
I changed drivers and stuff but a lot of time the hmd would disconnect or be recognized as usb 2.0

now everything from oculus is on the onboard usb 3.0 port and on the card I have put stuff like printer, keyboard,...

it's been a few weeks and now no problems anymore

Thats what i've ended up doing.. however if you view the devices there seems to be a warning about the driver possibly being incompatible.. in my case at least.

Omnibakon
Explorer
Have you installed the Inateck specific drivers rather than have Windows 10 install drivers automatically? I had my sensors plugged into the Inateck and it said one of them was plugged into a USB 2.0 port. Once I installed the Inateck drivers (rather than the generic windows 10) it recognised it as USB 3.0.

MrWonderstuff
Honored Guest
Which Inateck drivers did you install? I tried the recent ones and they messed things up. Removed them and am now experimenting with the Microsoft ones...if they don't work out I was wondering about the 2014 drivers.

mambo1888
Rising Star
do you have ASMedia USB 3.0 onboard? if so try disabling the ASMedia host controller, I was having some issues last night (first time pc has been switched on in a few months so there were lots of updates etc and a new gpu installed) so I had to go through a lot of troubleshooting. I remember disabling my onboard USB 3 controller in the past to resolve some issue so I gave it a go and its been working fine since, I also had to turn off microsoft user account control or whatever it was called to allow me to install non microsoft drivers like the Innatek one

markm75
Explorer
Really puzzled by this on my system now..

I have two rigs.. both with the same card.. on my flight sim/rift rig.. in device manager i see:

Fresco Logic xHCI USB3 Controller FL1100 series.. this on my asus z170-a motherboard..

Without doing anything i DO not get errors if i plug sensors in here..

If i run the driver 3.6.9x from the inateck site, it updates..

Switch gears to my HTPC rig.. same card..
I do NOT see fresco anywhere.. in fact, i'm not even sure which usb device the card is in the listing..
Maybe intel usb 3.0 in the listing, but i dont think..

If i run the setup for 3.6.x it says Fresco card not found.

Its the HTPC rig (asus z97-e) where i get the sensor error / issue when on that card.. 

I updated the asmedia usb and that helped with the warning when on the motherboard usb ports.. i'm adding a 3rd sensor to this rig, so ideally i'd want to utilize the card, but cant crack this egg just yet.

Omnibakon
Explorer

Which Inateck drivers did you install? I tried the recent ones and they messed things up. Removed them and am now experimenting with the Microsoft ones...if they don't work out I was wondering about the 2014 drivers.

I googled the model number of the card with windows 10 drivers and got it from there. I downloaded the fresco logic 3.6.9.0a drivers from https://support.frescologic.com/portal/kb/articles/latest-drivers

This fixed the USB 2 problem for the sensor - just make sure you independently check with your model that it is the same (I'm pretty sure but caveat emptor!)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Actually, that's not the same model as recommended by Oculus. The one we recommend is the 4-port version, which may or may not be the same internal chipsets as the 7-port version.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B6ZCNGM/ref=psdc_284717_t2_B00FPIMJEW

However, I think in your case you just have to uninstall the USB drivers and either use the Microsoft default or the Fresco Logic ones (see above post).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV