cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Account Not Listing Apps

GG-DirkPitt
Explorer
Hi,
I purchased 2 256GB Oculus Quest 2 units for my family of 5 (my wife and 3 kids and myself) to spend more quality time together.  I setup the initial unit with my account, enabled the sharing under Experimental Features as well as App Sharing under my account.  I then added my wife's FB account. We have experienced a few issues:
1)  When adding my wife's FB account, the first time you are prompted to add the username/email and password, you click on the username field and the keyboard appears for about 3 seconds before it disappears again going back to the previous screen  Once you click again, you are able to properly add the account.
2)  When we want to play using both sets, we have to login to the unit that has my wife's sub account first, switch accounts to her account and the launch the second unit before we can play.  If we don't, the units freeze from what I can only believe is a login issue with having 2 headsets using the same login at the same time.  I assume you can't login on multiple units with the same account.
3) I bought a new game with my primary account using my unit that only has my primary account on it.  I then shut that unit down and turned my other unit on that has my wife's shared account on it and the new app shows up on my account but does not show up when I switch to my wife's account.  We have another app that this did work properly for.  My wife's account does not appear to be seeing any of the new apps we buy.
4)  We really need the ability to buy the apps 1 time and use them as a family in order to get the most out of our $1,000 investment in your product.  If we can get these issues resolved, we would be interested in getting headsets for everyone in the family but can't justify it when we can't easily share apps we buy as a family.

Any guidance with these issues would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

A couple of things. First, there typically isn't any problem logging into 2 headsets at the same time with the same account. You will find however, that only a very small number of games will allow you to play together while logged into the same account. 

Second, you are correct that only one headset can do app sharing. So what you have to do is set up both headsets with the same Main account. Then on one of the headsets also sign into it with the second account. Then the headset without app sharing will be on the main account and the headset with app sharing will be on the secondary account. You should then see the game on both headsets and be able to play multiplayer.

Third, there are still a lot of games that are not opted into app sharing. You didn't mention which games, but for example, Beat Saber has not enabled app sharing so you can't play Beat Saber using the above method.

Oculus has said that most apps will eventually be sharable, but there currently are quite a few that aren't. Also, when you buy an app on one headset/platform sometimes you still have to "purchase it for free" to get it to show in the list on the other device, so check to see if it says "free" in the store.

Lastly, some of what you describe seems abnormal. I have not had any experiences with locking up, but I am currently working with one Quest 2 and one Quest, so maybe someone else has also experienced that.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

Lemurgil
Honored Guest

We have the same problem. I have created an account for my husband using the new feature but his account does not see the apps I have bought on my original account. Only the basic apps that comes in the beginning.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

A couple of things. First, there typically isn't any problem logging into 2 headsets at the same time with the same account. You will find however, that only a very small number of games will allow you to play together while logged into the same account. 

Second, you are correct that only one headset can do app sharing. So what you have to do is set up both headsets with the same Main account. Then on one of the headsets also sign into it with the second account. Then the headset without app sharing will be on the main account and the headset with app sharing will be on the secondary account. You should then see the game on both headsets and be able to play multiplayer.

Third, there are still a lot of games that are not opted into app sharing. You didn't mention which games, but for example, Beat Saber has not enabled app sharing so you can't play Beat Saber using the above method.

Oculus has said that most apps will eventually be sharable, but there currently are quite a few that aren't. Also, when you buy an app on one headset/platform sometimes you still have to "purchase it for free" to get it to show in the list on the other device, so check to see if it says "free" in the store.

Lastly, some of what you describe seems abnormal. I have not had any experiences with locking up, but I am currently working with one Quest 2 and one Quest, so maybe someone else has also experienced that.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

I have the same thing happening to me, except only one app shows up on the secondary account;  The hand tracking tutorial.  

Thank you Nunyabinez for taking the time to reply.  The app in question is Beat Saber on the sharing issue.  It appears that Beat Saber creators want to force you to buy multiple copies of the app to share it among one family.

For the login issue:  Normally,if you look at the console in front where you can select apps etc, you would see your profile pic on the left side.  If we have one headset logged into the primary account and can see your profile pic and then all of the paid for apps.  However, when we login to the second headset, only the base apps show up and where the profile pic is supposed to be it's blank.  When you click on Apps it tries to open and then says an error has occurred.  This issue goes away as soon as you switch accounts.  From what we have found and can consistently recreate it does not let you have 2 headsets with the same account logged in at the same time with full functionality.

Mastrdon
Honored Guest

I'm having the same problem with Beat Saber.  After purchasing it and playing it, my wife went into her account and Beat Saber does not show up.  (Other purchased apps such as Space Pirate Trainer and Holopoint show up just fine and work, so I know my account settings and app sharing settings are correct).  It appears that Beat Saber has not updated the app to allow account sharing or they have chosen not to allow it.  I've researched this quite a bit and cannot find any statement from the Beat Sabor developer to know their plans.

Question - Is there a way to see in the App Store if an app can be shared?  I don't see that information listed and I want to know this BEFORE I buy an app.  I don't want to reward developers that don't allow app sharing by buying their games.

Same problem, no apps in secondary account when logged, after allowing sharing apps in main account.

bruunograca
Honored Guest

Same issue
First worked!
Now - no apps on second account (even ones I already installed and launched!) and cant install any others!!!
What happened !?!?

bomber007
Honored Guest

Same here . Not seeing app in the second account. If we search for it , it will show up in the store as purchassed. When i click on it , it’s triyng to rebuy ... i have tried everything

PRINCEMTL_QC
Explorer

I have the same problem. Apps don't show in the second account! As per the comments it is a real problem. Sadly this thread show as resolved, so probably no one will help us. No one seems to be able to help after opening a ticket.

I also have the frozen screen problem.

Steps to reproduce:

1)log in the main account

2) click on switch user.

3) remove the headset and give it to the second user 

4) the second user then click on his username and enter pattern 

5) The screen is now frozen black 

Step to make it work:

1) be logged in the main account

2) don't click switch user - give the headset to the second user first.

3) the second user can now click on Switch user, click on his username, enter pattern, and it will work!