cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Account Not Listing Apps

GG-DirkPitt
Explorer
Hi,
I purchased 2 256GB Oculus Quest 2 units for my family of 5 (my wife and 3 kids and myself) to spend more quality time together.  I setup the initial unit with my account, enabled the sharing under Experimental Features as well as App Sharing under my account.  I then added my wife's FB account. We have experienced a few issues:
1)  When adding my wife's FB account, the first time you are prompted to add the username/email and password, you click on the username field and the keyboard appears for about 3 seconds before it disappears again going back to the previous screen  Once you click again, you are able to properly add the account.
2)  When we want to play using both sets, we have to login to the unit that has my wife's sub account first, switch accounts to her account and the launch the second unit before we can play.  If we don't, the units freeze from what I can only believe is a login issue with having 2 headsets using the same login at the same time.  I assume you can't login on multiple units with the same account.
3) I bought a new game with my primary account using my unit that only has my primary account on it.  I then shut that unit down and turned my other unit on that has my wife's shared account on it and the new app shows up on my account but does not show up when I switch to my wife's account.  We have another app that this did work properly for.  My wife's account does not appear to be seeing any of the new apps we buy.
4)  We really need the ability to buy the apps 1 time and use them as a family in order to get the most out of our $1,000 investment in your product.  If we can get these issues resolved, we would be interested in getting headsets for everyone in the family but can't justify it when we can't easily share apps we buy as a family.

Any guidance with these issues would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
42 REPLIES 42

JimJamesK
Explorer

deleted (no delete button!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello,

I have two Quest s and did exactly this sou wrote:

"So what you have to do is set up both headsets with the same Main account. Then on one of the headsets also sign into it with the second account. Then the headset without app sharing will be on the main account and the headset with app sharing will be on the secondary account. You should then see the game on both headsets and be able to play multiplayer."

... and when trying to play each Quest shows the app, but the secondary account one opens a black screen. 
Sharing doesnt work. I dont know what to do. Wait for an update or Bad configuration?

Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

same here. we definitly have shareable games as per "the list." but they dont show up on account #2. in store they say "purchased" but if you try to install they want paid again. i get it.. its experimental but why would you market and advertise a feature that clearly isnt even in alpha let alone beta. then worse yet push that experimental non-alpha phase feature to every headset on earth and feign ignorance when people are upset its not working properly. Absurd. the fact that the web is full of confused and irratated oculus owners and zuck seems to be sitting on his lizard hands rather than cracking the whip to get the situation rectified speaks volumes. currently experiencing reduced, diminished satisfaction at the moment. 

Theonlyix
Explorer

Same problem. Primay user has new ui, second has not. Also, no games although we have  shared plenty before 

Jinnisaurus
Expert Protege

Same problem here with me too. Cant even access the free apps on the 2nd account despite already installed and stated as already available in shared library. At the moment multi account is functionless.

As a follow up to this comment, for most people who have the recent updates.  This is no longer the case.  A majority of the games that come out, or have come out do allow game sharing.  If you're here due to the most recent update (as my post will be dated), it is not that the game is not shareable.  (only a limited few aren't anymore, the only real big one being beat saber, for some reason)

None of the games work now even the sharable ones

This is still broken as of July 7, 2021. Same symptoms, two quests, (1 and 2), sharing was working, not it isn't. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Hoping you can help me. If I want to share apps with my husband’s Quest 2, should he have his own meta account? When I set up the second Quest, I created a separate account for him. Was that wrong? Can I change it? Thanks in advance!

So, both headsets need to be logged in as the primary user that will be purchasing all the games.  If you set up the headset with your husband's account, you may have to factor reset it and then set it up within your own account to be able to share games. Then you'll add your husband's account as a secondary user to one of the headsets and he will get your games.