cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping address wrong.

sirrichard
Honored Guest
Hi all,

I pre-ordered some time ago and noticed that the Oculus ordering system truncated Line 1 of my address.
It accepted the full entry without errors - then when I checked later, it had chopped off the second half of the line off. 

That produced an incorrect address which means my Oculus could go anywhere. 

I emailed support, making clear what the address Line 1 should be.

The wrote back saying done - and when I checked again the address is truncated and wrong. 

I am very annoyed as my Rift ships in a couple of days, and support has tended to take longer than that to respond. 

Does anyone know how I can get someone to fix my address ASAP? I have lodged another support request but expect it may take a week or more, when I have only a couple of days or so before it ships. 

HELP!

I either need my address line 1 to be fixed (and confirmed that the system doesnt truncate it again) or I can provide an alternate address if their system is poorly coded and wont accept the normal address line 1 every other site has no issues with. 

If anyone knows of a faster way to get this looked at, it would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
I have the exact same issue.  One of the lines of my address is truncated.  Support said it was fine...Guess I'll wait and see.

Wait,  Just double checked since it's been a few months since I looked it.  My problem isn't that it Truncated a line,  it's that it puts Line 2 onto the end of line 1,  wraps it.  So, it's

Level 5 XXXX House 7
YYYY Street

Instead of
Level 5 XXXX House
7 YYYY Street

If you edit the address, it has the correct information in the line 1 and line 2 fields.

thewhiteambit
Adventurer
++1
Friend of me can also not get its CV1 from UPS because the line with his name is missing (that was still there on the invoice listed as delivery address). Now he hopes they will give it to him on the next delivery attempt.