cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping delays?

Freddyg103
Honored Guest
Hi there, I ordered a Rift yesterday (61300516593044).
I'm not complaining, just curious has to how long shipping will take to Australia, as I go away next Tuesday?
Must be swamped with orders at the minute and I apologise for wasting time. 🙂

Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in the UK and from my order they normally send them all off in bulk so I can imagine it should be shipped by the end of the week and once it's shipped it only took a few days to arrive 🙂

Also just to note they've had a lot of orders so might be a bit longer than usual

fylaw
Honored Guest
I was trawling through the forums to figure out this exact thing (I ordered yesterday as well, though I'm in the US).

If you purchase something from a major retailer like Amazon they give you a time frame for when an item will arrive before you even place the order. Retail is one of Amazon's primary functions, so I understand that Oculus may not have as sophisticated a means of estimating and notifying of potential delivery dates.

Still, not having any details about delivery time frames up front (or even a day later) is making me antsy.

fylaw
Honored Guest
As a side note: was it a mistake to order the Rift bundle directly from Oculus? Best Buy promises delivery within two days and throws an additional game in at the same price, but I like the idea of supporting Oculus directly.

Still, it would be nice to know I'd have the Rift for the weekend...

DarkTenka
Trustee

Hi there, I ordered a Rift yesterday (61300516593044).
I'm not complaining, just curious has to how long shipping will take to Australia, as I go away next Tuesday?
Must be swamped with orders at the minute and I apologise for wasting time. 🙂

Thanks.

Shipping to Australia comes from HK. Takes about 4-5 days from when it leaves the warehouse. Maybe a week if it needs to span across a weekend.

JohnInAk
Explorer
Yeah, I'd just like to know when i can expect it to arrive too..  Im in the U.S. as well.. here in alaska.
I'm tempted to cancel it and order through best buy or amazon instead since they offer arrive by dates.

DavyBats
Protege

JohnInAk said:

Yeah, I'd just like to know when i can expect it to arrive too..  Im in the U.S. as well.. here in alaska.
I'm tempted to cancel it and order through best buy or amazon instead since they offer arrive by dates.

still available on best buy? I would check that

fylaw
Honored Guest

DavyBats said:

JohnInAk said:

still available on best buy? I would check that

It's still available for two-day free delivery from Best Buy. Amazon, however, says it will ship in 1-2 weeks, last I checked.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Amazon UK is saying it will be back in stock on 21st July

Seansation
Expert Protege
What bothers me is the complete lack of answers from Oculus regarding the delays.

You do your best to be prepared but demand exceeded expectations, sure.
Delays happen, sure.  
It takes time to restock before you can even send the products, SURE.

But what the hell - how can you go 4-5 working days without any kind of estimate or communication to your client base.  This isn't amateur hour, Oculus is large enough that it is expected to have a decent sales and customer service team.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, but seriously just fucking tweet something, fess up and put an estimated time of delivery (whatever it is) somewhere.  People are more inclined to wait and/or be patient when they feel they are not being ignored.

*I'm not even going to go into the PR mess the whole xbox controller shit will be.
Acer XB271HU | i7 6700K | ASUS Strix 1080 Ti 11GB | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Mobo | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX  | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 1000W | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500GB | Windows 10 64 bit | NZXT Noctis 450