cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for unable to install from Rift Store

purpleviolets83
Honored Guest

This is mainly for Beat Saber, but there is an option to download other games as well.

I was unable to download the latest version of Beat Saber and kept getting the message "Oculus - Store Notification - Sorry, we couldn't install Beat Saber. Visit Oculus Support to get help." When I clicked on the error message it sent me to this support article. https://support.oculus.com/articles/fix-a-problem/troubleshooting-rift-s/cannot-open-install-downloa...

I then uninstalled the Beat Saber version I had installed (1.19.0) and tried to reinstall the new version (1.19.1). However I got the same error message and was unable to install the game at all. I message back and forth with Oculus Support for over a week. Tried repairing the Rift Oculus app, uninstalling and removing all Oculus files in Safe Mode then reinstalling it, and even did a Windows 10 repair and a full reformat of my SSD. Nothing worked! I thought the file in the store might be corrupt.

*SOLUTION*

I finally went to bslegacy.com and followed the directions to downgrade to the version I had installed previously, although there is an option to download the latest as well. It downloads the files from the Oculus server and then moves them to your install location. After resetting my computer the game was installed in my Rift Library as before and I was even able to upgrade it to the version that seemed to be causing the problem from within the Rift app.

I have not tried it but the Oculus Downgrader tool has an option to download games other than Beat Saber if you are having a similar problem getting them to download from the Rift store.

2 REPLIES 2

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

Good tip 👍. I actually have my entire library missing but have through trial and error gotten it to populate with past drivers. unfortunately, this means no internet connectivity and annoying update messages which makes it nearly usefulness. They need to get Version 37 fixed, this is rediculous. If not bring back the working versions from 2016-2019 without stupid mandatory pop ups forcing us to log into Facebook. Complete garbage. The PC developers must have all quit in December 2021 as these issues were solved in less than a day in the past.

OlDiE85
Honored Guest

Thank You!!!! This worked for me as well!