cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved]New Repair Won't Install "Oculus Setup requires KB2670838 and KB3033929" Even though I .....

FiZiX
Level 3
So this new "OculusPatchMarch2018.exe" won't repair my oculus rift. When I go to repair it I get an error that says: "Update Required: Oculus Setup requires the KB2670838 and KB3033929 Windows 7 Hotfixes. Please install these updates and run Oculus Setup again.". I went to install these hotfixes but they are both already on my system. I read online about launching the program with Command Prompt using the function "C:/users/josh/desktop/OculusPatchMarch2018.exe /bypasshotfixcheck". When I type that in to command prompt the window that says "do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer" pops up but then as soon as i click "Yes" the window immediately closes and the repair tool does not run. The first time that I installed the oculus setup over 10 months ago I had to use the "/bypasshotfixcheck" during the installation to get the program to work. Should I try and uninstall the Oculus program entirely from my computer and install a freshly downloaded version ? Will the newly downloaded setup automatically work without running the "oculuspatchmarch2018.exe" fix ?
7 REPLIES 7

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
it NEEDS to have proper capitals ... /bypassHotfixCheck  not all lower case
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

FiZiX
Level 3

it NEEDS to have proper capitals ... /bypassHotfixCheck  not all lower case

Wow......... Thank you my friend. it actually worked lol. Something as simple as that made all the difference.... Thanks again for the very quick response as well.  😛

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
No  problem 🙂 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

davidskelton
Level 2
tried the same, but,command prompt tells me desktop is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file,any chance someone could let me know exactly what I have to type in that black box.I have tried a few different places,without success.
thanks 
Dave

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

tried the same, but,command prompt tells me desktop is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file,any chance someone could let me know exactly what I have to type in that black box.I have tried a few different places,without success.
thanks 
Dave

You can try it this way:

Move the Setup file to C:\

RIght click on it and select create shortcut

on the created shortcut right click end select properties

add /bypassHotfixCheck as in the pic

k95drer2hm4r.jpg

press ok, and double click the shortcut

Be kind to one another 🙂

davidskelton
Level 2
thanks for the help,but I just get the message,The name specified in the target box is not valid.Make sure the path and file name .are correct.

Mradr
Level 13
You need to make sure the target matches the location of where the OculusSetup.exe is - could be c: but might be in a different location as well depending on where you put the .exe