cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Cutting Out

WebKill
Honored Guest

The sound from the rift headphones is not working well, it will work for a little while then turn off. I ran Pandora on my computer, and hear the music in the rift headset, I left my headset off and on the desk next to me, and it never stopped. I put my headset on and sat there for a couple minutes and it continued to play the music. Then I picked up my left and right touch controllers and started moving around the home area, and within about 5 seconds the sound stopped again.

When the audio stops, I can go to my playback devices in sound settings on my computer, and the sound level appears stuck at the point in which the sound stopped. If I do anything to the rift headphone settings and press apply, audio begins working again, but then will stop working after I spend a little time with the headset on.

I have rift audio setting set to rift headset, and my computer audio settings has the rift headset device as default playback device.

System Specs:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit with latest updates installed

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard with bios P2.90 with on board Realtek high definition audio driver R2.82 from the realtek site

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 driver version 23.21.13.9077

10 REPLIES 10

EvanIsntHere
Honored Guest
e