cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Disconnects After A Few Minutes

dougchism
Expert Protege
This just started happening in 1.14. After a few minutes no sound. Right before it goes out it sounds like static. Restarting oculus software fixes it temporarily. Ive tried 3 different types of USB ports, 3.1, 3.0, PCI 3.1, including VR Ready ones. 

Could the oculus tray tool cause this? 

Also, when I first start Oculus up, sound is abnormally loud. When I click on the volume adjuster, even if I dont change it, it goes back to the volume level it should be. 

8 REPLIES 8

Insatiable-Me
Honored Guest
  1. Hi I am having the exact same problem you are, when I plug in my CV1 into the VR 3.1 ready usb port on my MSI Z270 M7 MOBO the sound stops after a few minutes I tried other usb 3.0 ports on the hub and it works just fine, so what's the point of this port then if it doesn't even work ? Have you found a solution ?  

cybereality
Grand Champion
If other USB ports work, then you should probably just use them. Rift can work on both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports. I've heard reports of some USB 3.1 ports not working fully. This could be part of it, or it could be a driver issue. Not really sure.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Insatiable-Me
Honored Guest
That's really messed up given one of the reasons I even bought this motherboard was because of this port. 

Insatiable-Me
Honored Guest
If I plug in into the usb 2.0 port or into a 3.0 port on my hub will it degrade the quality  ?

cybereality
Grand Champion
USB 3.0 ports will be full quality, and USB 2.0 is technically lower quality but I found it to not be a noticeable difference. You can try using the sensors on the VR ports, but I don't think there will be a huge difference there either versus the normal USB 3.0 ports.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

halono
Honored Guest
I have the same problem. And I also think it started with 1.14.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please feel free to submit a support ticket. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com

neddycgoon
Protege
Try disabling your Oculus Rift mic see if that help.