cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound cuts out during online match of Unspoken/Dead and Buried

edwardburch3
Honored Guest
My Rift audio worked totally fine during the entire tutorial for both games. It also works during practice rounds and in menus. But right when I make a connection to another player in any online mode, the sound cuts out. Just silence. If I hit the Home button, it blips in for a split second. If I exit to home, everything works again. Even if I play through the match silently, the instant the other player disconnects my sound comes back. 

I've added exceptions to my firewall, thinking that could be it. Still hasn't changed. Does anyone know whats happening? 
20 REPLIES 20

edwardburch3
Honored Guest
I've been messing around, and I found that if I use windows to disable the Rift microphone, the audio doesnt cut out during online matches. Of course, then I can't communicate with other players.

CSPhobos
Honored Guest
Make sure in your Communications tab of the Windows Sound/Playback Devices control panel is set to "do nothing" during communications activity. 

edwardburch3
Honored Guest
Tried this, didn't work. I also played around with 'Exclusive Mode' on the Rift mic in Windows, I unplugged one of the Rift Sensors thinking it could be a bandwidth issue. Nothing.

I guess I'll uninstall/reinstall Oculus next. 

edwardburch3
Honored Guest
Still not giving up! I did a fresh install of Oculus, did nothing.

Moved the USBs around a lot, tried pretty much every combination possible. Even put the Rift on a USB2.0. I initially thought this was working, but it turned out that it just automatically disabled the mic, which from my previous experiment allows audio to pass through. 

Tried updating my USB drivers, no dice. 

Tried setting the Rift mic as the default in windows, and then in the Oculus software, choosing to use the Windows Default device. Nada.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here 

elboffor
Consultant
Using extention cables by any chance?
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
No extension cables

edwardburch3
Honored Guest
I am only use one extension cable, just a 6ft CableMatters USB3.0 for one of the sensors. 

marwood82
Explorer
same problem here. i'm using a hdmi+usb extension for the rift. this happened a bit a while ago on other games then seemed to stop. but its back again now. i notice if i switch the rift headphones off and use my own wireless set then it works fine. i only get sound drop out when sending sound direct to the rift