cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound dropped from right headphone.

Thug
Heroic Explorer
Just been playing Project Cars 2 and all was working well for a couple of races. 
On one online race I forgot to refuel on a practice lap and ran out so had to escape and go back to the pit. 
When I went back out on the track the sound had completely gone from my right headphone. 
I am running the newest OH beta. 
Is this an Oculus issue or a Pcars2 issue?
CPU: Intel i9-10990k.
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX3080,
RAM: 32GB DDR5,
Viewed on: Oculus Quest 2 or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung SSD (games), 512GB Samsung SSD (OS), 512GB SSD (3d),
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
A couple of possibilities first try removing the right earpiece clean the contacts and refit, there is a screw driver supplied the black rod thing or use another flat blade driver, don't over tighten in that case, or if you prefer swap the right and left as it will eliminate the ear piece itself having failed, I have had the screw come very slightly lose and a simple tighten has fixed it.
If that doesn't work you may have the far to common torn ribbon cable and will need to contact support for a replacement Rift. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Is this issue happening on other games? Have you tried removing the headphones and cleaning the contacts? If that does not help, can your switch the left and right headphones? Do the problem remain on the right, or switch to the other side? Also, feel free to submit a support ticket. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV