cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting error when adding payment method

DavyBats
Protege
No info is wrong. Simply wont let me add a payment method to buy anything from the store. Another day, another problem with Oculus. Somebody other than the mod please help because I know im just going to be told "Please submit a support ticket", which is valid but CS doesnt respond for at least 5 days or more.
66 REPLIES 66

k_sud
Honored Guest
I just got the card error problem today, as i was trying to buy some games 😞

CheshireRaptor
Honored Guest
Not sure if this is the solution, but I got my purchasing power back after I:
  • Removed Facebook on the Oculus website
  • Changed my avatar on the Oculus website
  • Restarted my mobile device
  • Waited a couple of days before trying to purchase anything. In which time each night I turned my Quest headset off.
Funny thing is, when I discovered I could buy things again, EVERY SINGLE CARD I tried adding while this was going on was attached to my account.
I have yet to connect with Facebook again, and sadly now you have to in order to do any social stuff - like chat, play with friends, host parties, etc.

Let me know if this helps any of you out there in this situation. I never got a response from Oculus customer support on this issue or the one about Oculus PC app not seeing my Quest on a 3.0/3.1 USB port while using the Quest Link cable I bought from them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still can not add my card :((

Venifycation
Honored Guest
For me i just can't even click Continue to Payment

Toks23
Honored Guest
Hey guys! try signing in with a gmail account on microsoft edge, ... worked for me?

a-Distraction
Honored Guest

Toks23 said:

Hey guys! try signing in with a gmail account on microsoft edge, ... worked for me?

Didn't work with Chrome, Firefox or Edge for me.

balkieb
Honored Guest
I've had issue since Christmas.
Went through support but they never fixed it either so not sure what to do now.

I presume as well as not being able to add any cards you also get the Account disabled message when trying checking out though website?

Zkiller691
Honored Guest
They wont even let us give them our money wow. Just wow.

PapaSmurfLikesT
Honored Guest

Jlheer said:

*Solved?* (Worked for me)
You probable maked your account with a existant facebook account right? Then follow my instructions

-Disconnect your facebook account from the oculus account (On the app)

-Fabric reset your quest/rift s/rift/go

-Erase all the data from your oculus app and uninstall it

-Re-install the oculus app and login with the same account (already disconnected from the facebook account)

-Do all the setup, You can add the payment method in the setup process (Should accept now the card/paypal) or do it later, It should still work.

-Enjoy!

Discovered this myself by the way. (Only the "Facebook disconnect and erase data and uninstall" part) 

Hey any chance do you know what fabric reset does? - a user

HaselHoof
Adventurer

QVR-Dude said:

Oculus has updated their SDK 17(Quest) times now, but none of the updates have been able to figure this one out... and it was happening well before the Quest was ever released.  It's clear now- either Oculus knows what's going on but can't go public with the reason why, or Oculus is doing it themselves!

Either way, the Pico Neo 2 has just went public and as much as I hate China right now, I hate Oculus/Facebook even more.  Their ongoing contempt for their customers is so insulting, I'm willing to buy a product from a country that willingly threw the whole human race under the bus just so their communist image could be protected!!! 

China's Godless communist party headset is now an acceptable alternative for me!!!  This thread has 16.5 thousand views as of 6/10/2020... what does that tell you?

That you have no life ? .............................................

Too soon ?