cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting error when adding payment method

DavyBats
Protege
No info is wrong. Simply wont let me add a payment method to buy anything from the store. Another day, another problem with Oculus. Somebody other than the mod please help because I know im just going to be told "Please submit a support ticket", which is valid but CS doesnt respond for at least 5 days or more.
66 REPLIES 66

urlocaltryhard
Honored Guest

DavyBats said:

No info is wrong. Simply wont let me add a payment method to buy anything from the store. Another day, another problem with Oculus. Somebody other than the mod please help because I know im just going to be told "Please submit a support ticket", which is valid but CS doesnt respond for at least 5 days or more.

I was having the same troubles! Spent days trying over and over again, dealing with crappy CS, until I tried using Microsoft Bing, and everything worked!

jefranc15
Explorer
I may have found the solution for everyone and sharing it here as I also was not able to add any major credit cards and even paypal accounts to my oculus account. What I did was change my username and the email connected to my oculus account then afterwards I tried adding in a credit card and then in WORKED!

WBsteve
Honored Guest
i don't know how old this post is but i got this issue as well.
One way to work around that is to make a paypal account and have that connected to your banking account.
It might not be the best solution but it's something.

And my guess for why it does not work for some people is if you have your account connected to your Facebook and the credit card you are using is under someones else's name.

mafakasit
Honored Guest
not working for me since the release of the quest2 i had to cancel my order and get one from amazon. but i still cant buy any games

kingish1
Honored Guest
honestly, its probably because of retarded facebook.

kroyos
Honored Guest
So here I am, joining the club!

I have tried 3 PayPal accounts, 3 Credit Cards and Prepaid Cards! From different browsers, different devices, different networks, And the App also..., But No luck at all! AND because of this stupid problem, I've missed the chance to buy anything in Black Friday Sales! It's Shameful and Disappointing!

Still waiting for their support to find a solution as they said they will contact me "As soon as possible"!

EllaOk
Honored Guest

Jlheer said:

*Solved?* (Worked for me)
You probable maked your account with a existant facebook account right? Then follow my instructions

-Disconnect your facebook account from the oculus account (On the app)

-Fabric reset your quest/rift s/rift/go

-Erase all the data from your oculus app and uninstall it

-Re-install the oculus app and login with the same account (already disconnected from the facebook account)

-Do all the setup, You can add the payment method in the setup process (Should accept now the card/paypal) or do it later, It should still work.

-Enjoy!

Discovered this myself by the way. (Only the "Facebook disconnect and erase data and uninstall" part)

Doesn't work anymore because you can't unlink a Facebook acc now.

samkayi
Honored Guest
Well here's to me joining the club! I actually had this issue for months and the first time in which I had noticed I sent a support ticket. Guess what! Absolutely no help at all and in fact all the games I had purchased beforehand were refunded. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the refund! However now I am left with a VR with no games. I been having to deal with the demos for the past months. It's upsetting and the fact that this issue still has yet to be solved sucks. I feel as if I have tried everything already and I am already beginning to give up   

not47dusk
Honored Guest

DavyBats 
it let me add the payment method but i do have problems buying games it will say "check address" does anyone have a fix

Salad_Man
Honored Guest
Solved

I got stuck when i was asked to confirm with my bank with something called e-token,at the bottom of the page,there should be(again this worked for me,not sure it will with your bank)a second verification method,by sending a sms and putting in on the page.After that i was able to put my debit/credit card and purchase my game.

If you have any questions please leave them here so i could maybe help you.
🙂