cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store credit?

XlordB
Adventurer
Since I purchased a third sensor two weeks ago should I not be entitled to some credit back since your now dropping that price?
5 REPLIES 5

nalex66
MVP
MVP
They're only doing it on Touch as far as I know.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

XlordB
Adventurer
Yes that i read.. however im sure that for all goods purchased from any store or outlet if they drop the prices within a few weeks of you buying you should be entitled to a partial refund of the item. Since they are also dropping the sensor prices down to about 50 something dollars should that not still qualify?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I think they're just doing the Touch rebate store credit as a goodwill gesture due to the scale of the drop--going from $200 to $100 after 3 months is a lot more significant than the sensor dropping from $80 to $60.

Third party resellers have policies to give rainchecks on price drops and sale discounts for recent purchasers, but Oculus has no such policy on their direct sales.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

XlordB
Adventurer
yes exactly however I also pre ordered touch.. if we had known oculus would do this so soon we could have waited .. same with getting the third sensor just pissed off that I feel as if been conned out of cash.. 😞

falken76
Expert Consultant

XlordB said:

Yes that i read.. however im sure that for all goods purchased from any store or outlet if they drop the prices within a few weeks of you buying you should be entitled to a partial refund of the item. Since they are also dropping the sensor prices down to about 50 something dollars should that not still qualify?

I don't think you should be entitled to a credit, but that doesn't stop you from using existing policies.  Most places allow you to return something with the reciept for 30 days.  If you bought this thing 2 weeks ago, you could always return it for a refund and repurchase it at the new price.  You'll be inconvenienced those few days while you are returning and waiting for a new order, but you just have to decide weather or not that hassle is worth the $20 or $30 difference.  That would be too much hassle for me unless I didn't really use the sensor.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?