Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stormland pulled from sale

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Screenshot_20220106-084809.png

hi.

I posted this in games and apps but perhaps it is a support question. Has Stormland been pulled from sale permenantly or is it temporary? it is not coming up In a store search and using a direct link states unavailable.

I hope this is not something to do with Sony buying up the devs and a licence running out. if so a heads up before pulling would have been useful 

thanks.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Seems like Stormland has been fixed and finally is available for purchase:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1360938750683878/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

You're not alone - Reddit users noticed it too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/rxe7o0/stormland_doesnt_exist_and_i_feel_like_im_going/

It's one of the greatest VR games ever made - I hope there's a good explanation for this!

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

bigmike20vt
Visionary

would be nice from someone from oculus to post here about what is going on.

I am still betting on a temporary glitch, but if it has been pulled permemantly that sucks... this is one of the best "AAA" titles on the store imo.....  I know titles get pulled sometimes but usually just before they go there is a heavy marketing campaign to let people know as well as a deep discount.... for instance i picked up Outrun and ducktales on steam for a pittance and a bunch of lego games were given away free (on steam once they are pulled you can still play them if they are in your library- tho that said it seems some are unable to even install stormlands even though they purchased it.

Again, my money is on it being temporary but yet again the lack of comms on it sucks and just shows how little oculus really give a toss about PCVR..... this after the oculus back end software install screw up followed by almost the entire pcvr platform being unable to install over most of the xmas period.

Not showing themselves to be reliable custodians of an exclusive software platform at all 😞   (sorry bit fed up over oculus lately)

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Just checked the latest reviews - I don't see any severe problems or issue that may have convinced Oculus to pull the game. Must be something else... 

Even Quest 2 users love the game - and bought it:

sdf.png

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the flag! I'll check into it with the team and see what's going on. 

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Stormland was made by Insomniac Games, who are owned by Sony.

Sony announces PSVR2.

One day later Stormland disappears from PSVR2 competitor's store.

609se5.jpg

Although probably just a mistake, but damn that timing. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

thanks Ryan and note my angst in my post above is not aimed at you who I think is doing a good job. but this month has been pretty crappy for oculus pcvr users made worse as it covered the holiday period.....   pretty shocked we have not had a mass credit award like when we went down a few years ago (for a much shorter time)

@bigmike20vt wrote:

this month has been pretty crappy for oculus pcvr users

Even worse when Quest game sales are hyped but Rift game sales are very limited and hidden (no sale category on Rift web store, sale tab in desktop app is broken).

Which is odd when Quest with Link/Airlink is so popular.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

bigmike20vt
Visionary

just had a PM from oculus support , a reply to a PM I sent. it's essentially the same as one from Ryan above but it does say it should be fixed soon which would indicate it is a technical issue and not a deliberate removal from the store (phew!)

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Seems like it was a glitch. I just tried, and I can see the "buy for a friend" option, and clicking the link, I can initiate a purchase. I didn't complete the purchase since I already own the game, but it was in my cart, with the final price showing, only needing my PIN to finalize the transaction.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo