cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange kind of Stutter/Lag/Jitter?

RangaGC
Honored Guest
I apologise for the ambiguous title but, I too am confused as to what to call this. The best way I can describe it the rift experiences some kind of frame skipping. Each frame looks normal when still, but if you move you can suddenly see two of everything layered over. The second layer looks like it is trying to catch up with the first but only does when your still. It's not smooth or unnoticeable sadly. It actually induces nausea fairly rapidly so it is rather irritating. The only thing about this that baffles me is that is only occurs in certain games. So far, Super Hot, Beat Sabre and In Death have had this issue. Minecraft works as does the oculus dream deck and the home.
The Setup
GTX 1070 (external in razer core V1)
i7 8850U
8GB RAM DDR4
Plenty of storage on an SSD
Most games are stored on an external SSD but this used to work perfectly a while ago with all games
There are two sensors that are roughly 3m apart and facing each other, the tracking works nearly perfectly whilst in the home or dream deck.

Thank you to anyone that can help or at least shed some light on my situation,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sylas
Protege
I believe what you are describing is ghosting caused by asynchronous space warp. You can disabe ASW with something like Oculus Tray Tool, but the fundamental fix would be to increase FPS.  You may have too many apps running, and perhaps you would benefit greatly from Windows performance tweaking, or even a fresh reinstall of Windows.  Or it could be something far more sinister, like some sort of incompatibility with your external vid card and the bus that it hooks into.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sylas
Protege
I believe what you are describing is ghosting caused by asynchronous space warp. You can disabe ASW with something like Oculus Tray Tool, but the fundamental fix would be to increase FPS.  You may have too many apps running, and perhaps you would benefit greatly from Windows performance tweaking, or even a fresh reinstall of Windows.  Or it could be something far more sinister, like some sort of incompatibility with your external vid card and the bus that it hooks into.

RangaGC
Honored Guest
I think you may be right, I gave up on using the external video card and decided to use a real computer. It worked perfectly on my GTX 1080 and surprisingly didn't even need overclocking. Thanks for taking the time to reply Sylas. Asynchronous Space Warp sounds like something Chewy would have told Han to turn off but he wouldn't have listened haha