cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at charging with the right blinking red and white alternately

tilikum1912
Level 2

My oculus quest 2 was out of electricity for a few days (maybe half of a month) and then I charged it with my iPad charger (which is 20w). I used this charger several times before and they all worked well. So I thought this time would be the same. However, after a few hours, I thought the quest 2 was fully charged, so I turned on it and found that it didn't respond at all.

Then I used my iPad charger again, and found that "My quest gives a red blinking light, so I tried charging it. But when charging the red blinking light stops after a few seconds and goes solid white (meaning the screen is on). Its trying to boot up... Then the loading screen shuts off again and the light starts blinking red. This just goes on and on whilst its plugged into the charger. When I remove the charging cable nothing, but actually nothing happens. ", which is same as this problem.

Martijn said he/she solved this problem by changing the charger to the original one, so I did it so.

But nothing changed at all, the light is still blinking red and sometimes goes solid white.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there friend! 

We're grateful for you bringing this issue to our attention. We understand how much time you have put into this, so we would like to step in for you. 

The first thing we would like to bring to attention is the charging cord itself. We noticed you were using a third party cord to charge your device, at times this can work out for our gamers but not always. 

You also brought to light how you used the official Meta Quest charger, and you were still experiencing issues. Let us take a closer look into your cord. Do you happen to see any abrasions or debris surrounding the cord? Also have you been able to use a different wall outlet? 

[ You can share a snapshot of the cords you're using so we can take a look with you

We went ahead and listed down below troubleshooting steps we believe will help us out here. Follow along below: 

• Overheated battery: When holding or wearing the headset you will not always feel heat. To solve this issue on your headset:
    • Turn off your headset by holding down the Power button until you see the shut down menu in your headset.
    • Select "Power off" from the menu.
    • Remove the charging cable from your headset and let it cool down for about 15-30 minutes.
    • Plug in the charging cable and see if it starts charging after having cooled down.
  • Hold down the Power button for 20+ seconds: Sometimes your headset can experience a bad state for different reasons. One solution is following: 
    • Plug in your charger cable. Then press and hold the Oculus power button for 20-30 seconds, which is going to force a hard reboot on your headset. 
  • Turn off your headset before charging: Sometimes our gamers can run into this issue when they leave forget to shut their headset off before charging. So try holding down the Power button until the shutdown menu appears in your headset and power the device off. Then plug in your charging cable and see if will charge properly. 
  • Factory Resetting Headset: Before completing this process please ensure you have 'Oculus Cloud Backup' enabled on your device. Click here: Oculus Cloud Backup | Meta Store

We really hope this information was useful. If you happen to run into anything please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We will always be here!