cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on 3rd step of device setup in oculus app using airlik

pingvinwyatt2009
Honored Guest

In the oculus pc app I am trying to set up my quest 2 using airlinmk and it's telling me to turn it 
on even when I already did and I don't see a continue button anywhereoculus help.png

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's strange. Do you get any pop ups or error codes? What about the PC you are trying to connect to, does it say anything or have any messages?

Try disabling the airlink option in experimental features, turn off the headset, turn it back on, and then re-enable the airlink option in experimental features and see if that helps.

Respond back here if you figure out the issue or need additional assistance. We'll help out as best we can! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I tried disabling the airlink then restarting but it won't connect. I do have a pop up when I try to connect it on my computer which says that it can't find my headset and to try connecting it and brings me back to device setup. When I try to press pair to connect to my pc all it says is not connected and won't let me launch.

Hello, thanks for your reply! Make sure you have updated your PC Oculus app to version 28. To verify, go to 'Settings', and then go to 'General' and look down at the bottom of the screen to see if you have version 28. If you do not have version 28, you need to get the update to push to your headset.

To do so, go to Settings, and then go to the General tab and look down at the bottom to see if you have version 28. Under the General tab, you can flip the Automatic App Updates button off and then back on which could prompt you to install the update. If not, you can choose to download the software manually by clicking here​ and then select 'repair' and it will re-install the software. Now go to 'Settings' and the 'General' tab to make sure you are on version 28 and then click on the 'Beta' tab to check for the 'Air Link'. If you do not see it, go up towards the top of the page and select 'Restart Oculus'. Once you have restarted Oculus, the app will boot up again. Go back and check under the 'Beta' tab and you should now see the 'Air Link' option and then flip on the 'Air Link' button. 

Now, you will need to push the update to your headset. To do so, put on the Oculus headset and go to the settings and then go to 'about settings' and there you will find a button in the upper right hand corner that says 'check for updates'.

On your Oculus, restart headset, don't power off yet, just do a restart. Once it's powered back on, check for the update a second time. If it's not there, proceed with powering the headset off. Once powered back on, proceed with the update again. You may also go to 'Experimental Features', as mentioned previously, under 'Experimental Features' in the Settings Menu, select 'Reset All to Default'. Afterwards, reset your headset again, then go in and check for the update. If it shows up, download and install it. If it does not show up, that means it is not available to push to your headset just yet. 

At this point, if you have done the update, the update restart, your manual restart, and you've reset your experimental features, you should definitely see 'Air Link' under 'Experimental Features' if you are on version 28. If so, flip the switch to 'on' out to the right of 'Air Link'. 

If this does not work, please feel free to click here to submit a support ticket and choose the chat option for further assistance. 

All the best! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, thanks for your reply! Make sure you have updated your PC Oculus app to version 28. To verify, go to 'Settings', and then go to 'General' and look down at the bottom of the screen to see if you have version 28. If you do not have version 28, you need to get the update to push to your headset.

To do so, go to Settings, and then go to the General tab and look down at the bottom to see if you have version 28. Under the General tab, you can flip the Automatic App Updates button off and then back on which could prompt you to install the update. If not, you can choose to download the software manually by clicking here​ and then select 'repair' and it will re-install the software. Now go to 'Settings' and the 'General' tab to make sure you are on version 28 and then click on the 'Beta' tab to check for the 'Air Link'. If you do not see it, go up towards the top of the page and select 'Restart Oculus'. Once you have restarted Oculus, the app will boot up again. Go back and check under the 'Beta' tab and you should now see the 'Air Link' option and then flip on the 'Air Link' button. 

Now, you will need to push the update to your headset. To do so, put on the Oculus headset and go to the settings and then go to 'about settings' and there you will find a button in the upper right hand corner that says 'check for updates'.

On your Oculus, restart headset, don't power off yet, just do a restart. Once it's powered back on, check for the update a second time. If it's not there, proceed with powering the headset off. Once powered back on, proceed with the update again. You may also go to 'Experimental Features', as mentioned previously, under 'Experimental Features' in the Settings Menu, select 'Reset All to Default'. Afterwards, reset your headset again, then go in and check for the update. If it shows up, download and install it. If it does not show up, that means it is not available to push to your headset just yet. 

At this point, if you have done the update, the update restart, your manual restart, and you've reset your experimental features, you should definitely see 'Air Link' under 'Experimental Features' if you are on version 28. If so, flip the switch to 'on' out to the right of 'Air Link'. 

If this does not work, please feel free to click here to submit a support ticket and choose the chat option for further assistance. 

All the best! 🙂