cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuttering during gameplay when i move around

Eclipse8301
Honored Guest
since Aug of 2017 it seems i have had these micro stutters where the whole picture seems to shift during gameplay. Does anyone else experience this?

PC Specs
Intel I7 Kaby Lake
Geforce 1070
32GB 3200 Ram
SSD
7 REPLIES 7

Eclipse8301
Honored Guest
oh I must be the only one with this issue?

wisseppi
Honored Guest
Me too, what is happening? I tried everything, changed nvidia version, uninstalled drives, formatting PC, I don't know what else to do. My specs are the same as yours

RattyUK
Trustee
I had a similar experience with my previous setup, (oddly Intel I7 Kaby..) which turned out to be the USB3/2 controller on the motherboard being stressed by the 3 sensors & HMD.
Changing everything earlier this year solved the issue.   It may be worth swapping your USB connections around or trying a USB3 add-in board.
(I'm not suggesting it is guaranteed to be this, just from my observation)
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Eclipse8301
Honored Guest

RattyUK said:

I had a similar experience with my previous setup, (oddly Intel I7 Kaby..) which turned out to be the USB3/2 controller on the motherboard being stressed by the 3 sensors & HMD.
Changing everything earlier this year solved the issue.   It may be worth swapping your USB connections around or trying a USB3 add-in board.
(I'm not suggesting it is guaranteed to be this, just from my observation)

Thanks for the reply, I actually have 3 different sensors on 3 different
controllers. (1x on main motherboard usb3, 1x usb 3.1 controller, 1x on
initek card)

Other things i have tried.
-Removed the one mirror i had in the room, shut off monitor screen/covered with a blanket
-Every driver NVIDIA offers
-Uninstall of any type of program that could affect (Teamviewer, Precision X, MSI Afterburner etc...)
-Disabled XMP for RAM in bios
-Increased RAM from 16gb to 32gb

rh_galaxy
Heroic Explorer
What motherboard do you have? Asus Z170-A has multiple usb-problems (running memory in XMP mode, driver issues). I have this MB but got it to work with 3 sensors.

But I see you have tried many things.

Maybe try to use just one sensor, and see if the problem is still there. Rerun sensor setup...

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

rh_galaxy said:

What motherboard do you have? Asus Z170-A has multiple usb-problems (running memory in XMP mode, driver issues). I have this MB but got it to work with 3 sensors.

Maybe try to use just one sensor, and see if the problem is still there. Rerun sensor setup...

Or try to check your Rift on another PC if possible - in case you've got a faulty unit. And try to contact Oculus Support.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Eclipse8301
Honored Guest

rh_galaxy said:

Asus PRIME Z270-AR