cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuttering when using Oculus Quest 2 and Air Link after the newest update

sandrenso
Honored Guest

Hello,

Before I had a problem when updating to Windows 11 that games played with Air link and Steam VR was stuttering. It worked fine on Windows 10. Then the solution was to open Oculus debug tool and click "Toogle console window visibility" as is explained in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZsyR6iIJ-4&t=0s

I did what was shown in the video and the problem was fixed and my experience was smooth again with no stuttering when playing Steam VR games. The problem is now I think Facebook have updated the Oculus app or firmware because the solution doesn´t work anymore and the stuttering is back. The solution to open Oculus debug tool and click "Toogle console window visibility" doesn´t work anymore. There was also a solution that you could change audio from Oculus Headset to another Audio source that worked before but doesn´t work anymore either.

Another video where you could change audio to fix stuttering problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGPcsT0EDSU&ab_channel=shmoky

I also tested downgrade to Windows 10 and the stuttering is still happening so it isn´t a Windows 11 related problem anymore. There is something that changed in the latest firmware or software that made Airlink start to stutter. Anyone encountered these problem and know a solution?

To the Oculus developer team can you please look at these videos so you can replicate the problem and find a solution for the stuttering once and for all when using Air Link with Quest 2.

My computer specs are:
OS: Windows 11 (Also tested downgrade to Windows 10 stuttering was still happening)
CPU: AMD 5900X
Ram: 64 gb ram
Motherboard: B550 Rog Strix Wifi
Graphic card: Asus TUF 3080
Router: ASUS RT-AX82U

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

ashmanmedia
Protege

I really appreciate your post with 2 videos as well.
Built a killer rig finally and for xmas got the quest2 for msfs quick wifey gift idea.

I cannot get it to not drop frames either.
Still seems Virtual Desktop using MSFS is better option.

Nytevizion
Expert Protege

THIS WORKS! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

After a recent Win 11 upgrade Oculus PC was dropping app and comp frames like mad.

Enable the viewable console window? WTF? This is silly.

Buttery smooth wireless again. Thanks again.

Z690 Gaming X-13900K-7900XT-16GB-4200MHz-DDR4-AIO MSI MAG Liquid-Quest 2