cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System grqphics incompatible

Winston_202
Explorer

Hi I have a brand new laptop with a rtx3050 1tb storage 32gb ram and an i71195. Even when I disable the built in graphics card from Intel the oculus rift system still say that my system is still incompatible and when I try to run a game anyways on my quest 2 via an oculus link cable I get an error saying there is a hardware issue. Please let me know how this can get fixed because I really want play from my laptop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We don't currently have a timeframe on expanding our support for it, but we do hope it will get there soon.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! At the moment, the 3050ti is not recommended for use with Link. The Oculus Link Compatibility page was recently edited to include this line for clarification on the issue. There doesn't seem to be any official stance on if or when this could change, but we do hope to expand our support as much as possible moving forward! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi I have the 3050 not the 3050ti and the specs r better than the 1060 so I am not seeing the issue

Can you please tell me.how to bypass this issue so that I can play my games

We know this isn't ideal, and we hear you! For the time being, you may be able to still use your device while connected with Virtual Desktop. It's not quite as ideal, but can be a good workaround!

Can you tell me when you think this will get worked out. I know a few other people with the same issue. So I would like to know when that will be fixed

We don't currently have a timeframe on expanding our support for it, but we do hope it will get there soon.

so lazy, a multi-billion dollar company is telling me to go buy a $15 app because they can't get their own product to work. I have the quest 2, perfectly capable specs, and an $80 Link cord I just bought. But it still wont work until I buy a $15 app that isn't even associated with Facebook. They just fixed a problem your too lazy to fix. So disappointing that Facebook had to be the company to really push VR. Literally any other company would have been better

@BigDaddyBlake69420 wrote:

so lazy, a multi-billion dollar company is telling me to go buy a $15 app because they can't get their own product to work. I have the quest 2, perfectly capable specs, and an $80 Link cord I just bought. But it still wont work until I buy a $15 app that isn't even associated with Facebook. They just fixed a problem your too lazy to fix. So disappointing that Facebook had to be the company to really push VR. Literally any other company would have been better

As much as people want to pin this on facebook/meta, its not there fault.  The 3050 series was a result of gpu market trying to to find a solution to the question no one asked.  The 30 series while powerful shares little very little with the 3050.  Nvidia must share a good 75% of the blame with 25% rest of the blame going to scalpers and chip shortages.

Keep in mind from a facebook/meta perspective they could attempt to validate or refine the oculus pc app to make some gpus compatible, but at the end of the day it may not be worth it for vr is a niche market, quest 2 is promoted as stand alone, and they don't have the numbers on how many have the 3050.