cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Climb Won't Launch, every other game works fine.

supervelous
Honored Guest
As title says.  When I start The Climb, it goes through the various startup pages with CryEngine and Oculus and hints, then closes after those but before Main Menu, and brings me back to Oculus Home.  Every time.  I have tried restarting computer, shutting down and restart, disabling antivirus, resetting and unplugging/replugging Rift and sensor, multiple uninstall & redownloads of The Climb.  It has also persisted over separate Oculus Runtime updates.  I have had this issue for weeks but just didn't get around to addressing it until now.  

I am using an Oculus Ready Asus G20CB WS71 PC, with a GTX 1080 with moderate Overclock (+150,+350 mem), 16GB Ram, 1TB Samsung 850 PRO + 1TB HDD, i7 6700 processor.  I get great performance on all other games with no issues, both VR & Non-VR.  Hooked to 2 external monitors both on Displayport, a 3440x1440 Acer Predator with GSync and a Samsung 4K, but usually the 4K monitor is disabled when gaming so using Rift + Predator.  

The game has worked in the past just fine, issue seems to have cropped up maybe 1.5 - 2 months ago and no troubleshooting steps have resolved it. 
1 REPLY 1

Jayman2018
Honored Guest

Turn off WIFI it will work.