cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The oculus app on my computer says that it does not reach the minimum requirements

MarfMarf
Sightseer
I have a Dell XPS 8900 with Windows 10 pro.
I am planning on getting the Oculus Rift S soon and just wanted to make sure that I wont have any troubles running average games. I believe that my computer can handle running the Oculus Rift S, but I just want confirmation that it will run smoothly
5 REPLIES 5

kojack
MVP
MVP
It depends on what the actual options chosen for the computer are. There's 5 different graphics cards that the XPS8900 can come with according to Dell, 4 of those are below the minimum needed, 1 (the GTX 960) is just on the minimum.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

MarfMarf
Sightseer
is that just going to ruin how it looks or is it gonna slow everything down

Robertronico
Honored Guest
Oculus Rift S: My computer says that it does not reach the minimum requirements.

I have the following configuration running Windows 10 Build 19041

- ASUS Motherboard WS P6T7 Supercomputer
- Intel Core i7-950 3.07 GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1366 Processor
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 Super Overclocked 6GB Dual-Fan Evo Edition VR Ready
- Inateck PCI-e to USB 3.0 (4 Ports) PCI Express Card
- Corsair Vengeance 24GB (6x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz

Please Help!
I need to know what is wrong...

IsayUheDed
Honored Guest
Having same Issue; crazy part is I just upgraded from a GTX 1050ti which is supposedly not supported but did not give me the big blue bar. I'm now on a Rx 5600 XT ( 5000 series is on the supported list yet some how that huge upgrade has made my computer not meet min Require 
Also CPU is a I5 7600 running 8gb RAM So considerably above min requirement now

Richooal
Consultant

MarfMarf said:

is that just going to ruin how it looks or is it gonna slow everything down

But wait, there's more. The minimum spec GTX 960 referred to by Oculus is the 4Gb version. Yours (according to Dell) has the 2Gb version.
My advice would be a video card upgrade first, Rift S second.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.