cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This isnt normal, right?

IMotiv8
Honored Guest
Okay, so I just recently received my replacement Rift, unfortunately it had to be sent back due to many issues, plus it came scratched which was unacceptable. Now, I did notice a few difference that I didn’t experience with my original rift, it seems that everything is more cloudy/blochy with dark shadows and when it comes to looking left and right, it seems the dark colors smear. I’ve never noticed this in my original, but in the replacement I do. If I’m correct, this isn’t supposed to be like that? 

Note: I didn’t alter any graphical settings on anything so I assume it must’ve been the HMD hardware.6t6d80w3wy6p.jpeg
If you look closely, the shadows are not smooth at all.

6796fxzdpctk.gif
And this is what I noticed when looking left and right, expecialy when using the right oculus button home screen layover (white screen with the black buttons).
My Oculus Rift (CV1) setup
• 3 Sensors wall mounted/360° Tracking/All USB3.0
• VRCover leather facepad upgrade
• 13ft x 12ft dedicated playspace
• Kinect v1 fullbody tracking

Wanna stay in touch?
•Discord: IMotiv8#0516
•Steam: IMotiv8 (steamcommunity/id/officialimotiv8)
•Oculus: IMotiv8
4 REPLIES 4

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
The bottom one is normal,  Black on a white background is literally the worst case, it takes the longest for the pixels to change color leading to a trail.  Trying turning ASW off though, it makes it worse I've noticed.

IMotiv8
Honored Guest

TwoHedWlf said:

The bottom one is normal,  Black on a white background is literally the worst case, it takes the longest for the pixels to change color leading to a trail.  Trying turning ASW off though, it makes it worse I've noticed.

Oh? Like, I played VRChat and any dark areas like shadows at random places would smear really bad.  

Wanna stay in touch?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, that is unfortunately normal. Though sometimes it can be more noticeable than others (depending on the content, especially with highly contrasting colors). 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

IMotiv8
Honored Guest

Yes, that is unfortunately normal. Though sometimes it can be more noticeable than others (depending on the content, especially with highly contrasting colors). 

Ah ok, see like I had the issue above that as well, so I assume it might’ve just been way worse for me due to the bad blochy/low res shadow problem. Apparently oculus said the first problems was hardware related (saying its the hmd), what do you think, if I may ask?

Wanna stay in touch?