cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket #3252129 Created 56 days ago with no resolution. Cannot add any payment method.

blyler
Explorer

@MetaQuestSupport @Ryanality 

I cannot add any payment method for my oculus account. Here are all the steps i've tried:

i’ve tried multiple different cards and i’ve also tried paypal. When i try to add a payment method i get the following error message:

“Incorrect Card Info
Please review your card info and try again, or contact your bank for assistance.”

I have contacted my bank and there are no errors or holds on any of the multiple cards i’ve tried nor on my paypal account. i’ve even stayed on the phone with my bank while i tried adding an oculus payment method and they did not see any access attempt hit my account. My paypal account is verified and i have a US address.

To try and resolve this issue, I’ve tried:
- Adding the payment method from the app on multiple devices on both android and ios.
- Adding the payment method in VR using my oculus device.
- I've tried adding the payment method through the website on multiple computers, multiple operating systems, and multiple browsers.
- I’ve tried adding a payment method using multiple different internet connections, both cellular data and wifi, using multiple browsers, phone oses, and operating systems.
- I do not have any anti-virus or firewall software nor do i have a hardware firewall.
- I have also tried creating a new facebook account, connecting that new account to my oculus device, and adding my payment method that way.
- I have also tried deleting my account and reactivating it
- I have seen many hundreds of posts on forums of users with this exact same issue. Here are some example support threads of users with this exact same problem going back to 2017. i can provide more support thread examples if you need me to.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/I-can-t-add-payment-method-to-my-account/td-p/557806
https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Can-t-add-my-Credit-Card-to-Oculus-Home/td-p/548127#latest

I contacted support on August 31, and a ticket was created (#3252129), but Oculus has not responded to me in 51 days. The last communication I received from Oculus support was on September 4th. It has been a total of 55 days since this ticket was created and there is no communication from oculus on a resolution.

Yesterday, someone named "Amy" (AmanK in the email subject) contacted me through email yesterday and said, "We've made some changes to your account on our end. You should now be able to add a payment method to your Oculus account or you can re order again." However, since receiving this email, I have tried adding a card and paypal from both the app and from multiple web browsers, and I am still unable to add a payment method. On the app, I get the error message "Incorrect Card Info" but i have double-checked all my card info and it is not incorrect. In the web browser, when I try to add a card I get, "there was an error trying to add your payment method." In the web browser, when I try to add paypal, I get this error message, "Something went wrong and we were unable to add this payment method. Please try again."

26 REPLIES 26

blyler
Explorer

I cannot add any payment method for my oculus account. Here are all the steps i've tried:

i’ve tried multiple different cards and i’ve also tried paypal. When i try to add a payment method i get the following error message: 

“Incorrect Card Info
Please review your card info and try again, or contact your bank for assistance.”

I have contacted my bank and there are no errors or holds on any of the multiple cards i’ve tried nor on my paypal account. i’ve even stayed on the phone with my bank while i tried adding an oculus payment method and they did not see any access attempt hit my account. My paypal account is verified and i have a US address.

•  Adding the payment method from the app on multiple devices on both android and ios.
  •  Adding the payment method in VR using my oculus device.
  •  Ive tried adding the payment method through the website on multiple computers, multiple operating systems, and multiple browsers.
  •  I’ve tried adding a payment method using multiple different internet connections, both cellular data and wifi, using multiple browsers, phone oses, and operating systems.
  •  I do not have any anti-virus or firewall software nor do i have a hardware firewall.
  •  I have also tried creating a new facebook account, connecting that new account to my oculus device, and adding my payment method that way.
  • I have also tried deleting my account and reactivating it
I have seen many hundreds of posts on forums of users with this exact same issue. Here are some example support threads of users with this exact same problem going back to 2017. i can provide more support thread examples if you need me to.

I contacted support on August 31, and a ticket was created (#3252129), but Oculus has not responded to me in 51 days. The last communication I received from Oculus support was on September 4th. It has been a total of 55 days since this ticket was created and there is no communication from oculus on a resolution.

Hi, someone named "Amy" (AmanK in the email subject) contacted me through email yesterday and said, "We've made some changes to your account on our end. You should now be able to add a payment method to your Oculus account or you can re order again." However, since receiving this email, I have tried adding a card and paypal from both the app and from multiple web browsers, and I am still unable to add a payment method. On the app, I get the error message "Incorrect Card Info" but i have double-checked all my card info and it is not incorrect. In the web browser, when I try to add a card I get, "there was an error trying to add your payment method." In the web browser, when I try to add paypal, I get this error message, "Something went wrong and we were unable to add this payment method. Please try again."

blyler
Explorer

i’ve tried multiple different cards and i’ve also tried paypal. When i try to add a payment method i get the following error message:

“Incorrect Card Info

I have contacted my bank and there are no errors or holds on any of the multiple cards i’ve tried nor on my paypal account. i’ve even stayed on the phone with my bank while i tried adding an oculus payment method and they did not see any access attempt hit my account. My paypal account is verified and i have a US address.

- Adding the payment method from the app on multiple devices on both android and ios.
- Adding the payment method in VR using my oculus device.
- I've tried adding the payment method through the website on multiple computers, multiple operating systems, and multiple browsers.
- I’ve tried adding a payment method using multiple different internet connections, both cellular data and wifi, using multiple browsers, phone oses, and operating systems.
- I do not have any anti-virus or firewall software nor do i have a hardware firewall.
- I have also tried creating a new facebook account, connecting that new account to my oculus device, and adding my payment method that way.
- I have also tried deleting my account and reactivating it
- I have seen many hundreds of posts on forums of users with this exact same issue. Here are some example support threads of users with this exact same problem going back to 2017. i can provide more support thread examples if you need me to.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/I-can-t-add-payment-method-to-my-account/td-p/557806
https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Can-t-add-my-Credit-Card-to-Oculus-Home/td-p/548127#latest

I contacted support on August 31, and a ticket was created (#3252129), but Oculus has not responded to me in 52 days. The last communication I received from Oculus support was on September 4th. It has now been a total of 56 days since this ticket was created and there is no communication from oculus on a resolution.

Yesterday, someone named "Amy" (AmanK in the email subject) contacted me through email yesterday and said, "We've made some changes to your account on our end. You should now be able to add a payment method to your Oculus account or you can re order again." However, since receiving this email, I have tried adding a card and paypal from both the app and from multiple web browsers, and I am still unable to add a payment method. On the app, I get the error message "Incorrect Card Info" but i have double-checked all my card info and it is not incorrect. In the web browser, when I try to add a card I get, "there was an error trying to add your payment method." In the web browser, when I try to add paypal, I get this error message, "Something went wrong and we were unable to add this payment method. Please try again."

@MetaQuestSupport Please read the above post.

blyler
Explorer

blyler
Explorer

blyler
Explorer

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @blyler, sorry to hear you've been having such a hard time, that sounds so frustrating!

I'm going to dig into your case on our end and see if I can get some more eyes on it. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I have seen in the past that issues sometimes come up if your Oculus account hasn't yet been linked to your Facebook account. Have you had a chance to do that, or been advised about it already?

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Thank you for responding! Yes, my account is linked to my facebook account. In fact, i don't see a way to even create an "oculus" account. the only option I saw was to login to my oculus device *using* my facebook account. Also, as I described above, I've even tried creating a new facebook account and using that as my oculus login, and that *still* didn't work.