cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titan X Pascal

Tezsa
Explorer
Although it doesn't effect the actual operation of the Rift, Oculus Home does not recognise the new Titan X Pascal and puts a big warning across the top of the home screen stating that the computer doesn't meet recommended specifications which is a bummer if you're trying to demo it.
57 REPLIES 57

Percy1983
Superstar
Kind of amusing how you can get the most powerful card and oculus tell you its not up to it.

Personally my processor isn't upto spec but overlocked past it and I just ignore the message, it doesn't do any harm.

As for the titan X pascal I can't afford to waste that much money on nothing more than a bigger e-penis.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

mbze430
Rising Star

EliteSPA said:

What about a custom fan curve? I have gtx 1080 in SLI and dont pass the 75c on both, Im using MSI Afterburner.

@EliteSPA  
I have it at full 100% with the OC it touches 87-89.  I have a X99 board.  my first x16 to the next x16 slot is 3 slots away, so there is a 1 slot gap for air.  my 2nd X16 slot to the 980TI is 2 slots but since my 980TI has waterblock, it doesn't block off my 2nd titan' air flow.  Ambient is around 29-30c.  Power limits is 120% and I am ok at 2080mhz, but it throttles down to an avg of 1800ish depending on the game.  The voltage is max/lock at 1.09 (according to HWInfo)  GPU-Z say I am hitting sometime temp limits and power limits.  Without waterblock I don't think I can get a consistent 2000+.

@Powerboy
no what I meant was that my i7-4790k WAS running a SLI 980TI.  But now I am on a i7-6900k running a SLI Titan XP + 980TI as a dedicated PhysX card (left over)
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

Belgor
Protege

mbze430 said:

... and now SLI Titan XP + 980TI PhysX.  In VR(single card), you can literally turn on MAX for every settings.  With the Pixel Per Display setting I have gone as high as 2.7 without any problems; on certain games.  ENJOY!  and welcome to the Titan XP Club

I am planning to use my leftover GTX 980 as physX too, and let 3 of my 4 monitors run on that, since I am currently one port short and id like to dedicate the Titan XP as much as I can for only VR.

Do you have any idea if using a dedicated card for physX will help much? and which games would benefit from it?

Btw, I just saw the newest version of Assetto corsa. Unfortunately it had destroyed my lower settings for graphics and set everything to max. It looked STUNNING!, but only 30 FPS. Crossing fingers that will be 90 FPS with NVIDIA Titan X compared to my GTX 980. Now I have seen how beautiful it can be rendered in Oculus rift, I just crave it hehe.

Powerboy
Protege

mbze430 said:

EliteSPA said:

What about a custom fan curve? I have gtx 1080 in SLI and dont pass the 75c on both, Im using MSI Afterburner.

@EliteSPA  
I have it at full 100% with the OC it touches 87-89.  I have a X99 board.  my first x16 to the next x16 slot is 3 slots away, so there is a 1 slot gap for air.  my 2nd X16 slot to the 980TI is 2 slots but since my 980TI has waterblock, it doesn't block off my 2nd titan' air flow.  Ambient is around 29-30c.  Power limits is 120% and I am ok at 2080mhz, but it throttles down to an avg of 1800ish depending on the game.  The voltage is max/lock at 1.09 (according to HWInfo)  GPU-Z say I am hitting sometime temp limits and power limits.  Without waterblock I don't think I can get a consistent 2000+.

@Powerboy
no what I meant was that my i7-4790k WAS running a SLI 980TI.  But now I am on a i7-6900k running a SLI Titan XP + 980TI as a dedicated PhysX card (l

I have old titan and tomarrow new titan arrive, can i sli them together? How to put old titan as phisx card?

mbze430
Rising Star

Do you have any idea if using a dedicated card for physX will help much? and which games would benefit from it?

Btw, I just saw the newest version of Assetto corsa. Unfortunately it had destroyed my lower settings for graphics and set everything to max. It looked STUNNING!, but only 30 FPS. Crossing fingers that will be 90 FPS with NVIDIA Titan X compared to my GTX 980. Now I have seen how beautiful it can be rendered in Oculus rift, I just crave it hehe.

Only games that actually use PhysX will benefit.
http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/technology/physx

There is a list.

I recently tried Batman Arkham Knight with SLI disabled with the TitanXP and the 980TI, and it was really butter smooth

As for Assetto Corsa, I have set the DPO to 2.3! and evey thing to MAX and with 24 cars. It was PERFECT! You will enjoy it!
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

mbze430
Rising Star

Powerboy said:

I have old titan and tomarrow new titan arrive, can i sli them together? How to put old titan as phisx card?

No, only the same EXACT card can be SLI together. You can use your old Titan X as a physX card.  Unless it's a DX12 Multi-CPU title.  But you will have to turn off SLI anyway and have DX12 process through the GPUs

You can dedicate the card in the Nvidia Control panel

strikeman
Honored Guest
@mbze430 Do you still run Assetto corsa at max settings and dpo 2.3? because I have new titan x and cant get near those settings 24 cars. The gpu is not at 100% usage and cant figure out why. Have reinstalled AC and nvidia drivers removed mods but still no joy 😞 any help would be much appreciated. 

mbze430
Rising Star
nope can't run Assetto Corsa at 2.3 more like 1.6-1.7 (certain tracks just bogs the hell down at 2.3)

But  2.3 works for games like Windland crap like that.