cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch pre order not shipping

RC-Scorch
Level 3
I pre ordered the touch but it still hasn't shipped, I haven't received an e-mail and I also haven't been charged. I read that alot of people already received theirs. some people who pre-ordered last saturday even got it so why don't I have it yet?

180 REPLIES 180

thelivingrobot
Level 3
lol, and here's Totido, adding fuel to the fire

Zenbane
Level 16

Totido said:

I preordered on Amazon last month and had mine delivered on the 6th.

vannagirl
Level 12

Zenbane said:

When a consumer agrees ahead of time to allow a company to ship a product by a specific date, but then gets upset before that day even arrives is a much stronger example of something being badly handled, by the consumer.

yes we have agreed to a date, it is later then many others that part is sucky. i feel i took a chance and lost when i could of gone amazon but i am sure they will come.

It is easy to fall into the we get on the 6th date because everyone else has yet the order page say ships 6th-15th

i can no view this though as a complete win for oculus but once we have touch, easily forgotten
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Calmfixup
Level 7

Zenbane said:

The last thing I ever pre-ordered, before Oculus Touch, was Age of Conan Collector's Edition back in 2008. Pre-ordering in the Info Tech world, especially gaming, has been a nightmare historically.

There is a real reason for it. As a software engineer for nearly 20 years I've seen this happen eleventy thousand times, even with banks, retailers, hardware manufacturers, digital goods, vehicle producers like Toyota.

Why does it happen? Usually because there is not a centralized system in place nor a policy driven infrastructure driving Supply Chain and Customer Relationship management solutions. These two terms are multi-million dollar industries in themselves. Simply put: there is one system recording the orders taken from the Oculus Pre-Order web page, there is another system managing inventory, another system handling manufacturing, and yet another system responsible for shipping.

That's why it is wrong to think about these things as a FIFO queue. The reality is that all of our orders exist as electrons bouncing around a bucket. And they get dumped in to other buckets as part of data processing.

This is all very true. Also, I also pre-ordered Age of Conan haha.

Zenbane
Level 16
Agreed that this is not the greatest "win" that a company could ever hope for; however, all things considered (e.g. the overwhelmingly positive response on a global scale consumers are experiencing with Touch)... it's pretty badass. Or more specifically: the reason people are angry despite the fact that they agreed to wait until December 15th for shipping, is because everyone else is so damn happy who received theirs already.

When you're product is so good that other people are angry that they don't have it yet... that's a win in and of itself!
😄

casualit
Level 4

Zenbane said:

Agreed that this is not the greatest "win" that a company could ever hope for; however, all things considered (e.g. the overwhelmingly positive response on a global scale consumers are experiencing with Touch)... it's pretty badass. Or more specifically: the reason people are angry despite the fact that they agreed to wait until December 15th for shipping, is because everyone else is so damn happy who received theirs already.

When you're product is so good that other people are angry that they don't have it yet... that's a win in and of itself!
😄

My last two cents on this is that they could have done a better job answering peoples tickets even by just saying that they're working on it, the complete silence is what bothered me the most and it was the reason why I cancelled my order and went with BestBuy, and guess what, I'm getting Touch today!

Wasted13
Level 4
I think it is all about expectations and managing them. If you got a shipping window of 6 to 15 december one would think / can expect that a pre-order of 30 seconds after pre-orders start would be handled before the 9th. It now looks like they haven't shipped any NOT prioritised pre-orders.

Zenbane
Level 16

casualit said:

My last two cents on this is that they could have done a better job answering peoples tickets even by just saying that they're working on it, the complete silence is what bothered me the most and it was the reason why I cancelled my order and went with BestBuy, and guess what, I'm getting Touch today!

Well I'm glad you found a way to get what you wanted!

I'm curious, does your Best Buy purchase come with the free game codes for VR Sports Challenge and The Unspoken? Or will you have to buy those games yourself now? Assuming you care for either of those titles.

Zenbane
Level 16

AntonieB said:

I think it is all about expectations and managing them. If you got a shipping window of 6 to 15 december one would think / can expect that a pre-order of 30 seconds after pre-orders start would be handled before the 9th. It now looks like they haven't shipped any NOT prioritised pre-orders.

Pre-orders are placed in a bucket, not in a sequential order queue. That is why everyone, no matter if you pre-ordered 30 seconds at the start or 5 days later, received the exact same shipping estimate window.

Even if a person goes in to the pre-order process thinking that they will receive a specific place in the shipping queue, the company cures you of that notion fairly quickly when they give you a 10 day shipping window.

coffear
Level 2

Zenbane said:

Elegantly stated @dkatrencik

I just now watched the video where the CEO makes his statement, and here it is in its entirety:
"It is launching today so everyone is receiving their pre-orders today"

I am sorry but that wasnt a TV gaffe. It was a blatantly incorrect statement hyping up to the media.