cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toybox crashing after latest Rift update?

Mike_Muck
Explorer
Is anyone else having an issue with Toybox crashing during the load sequence?

Toybox has been installed and working for years, but after the recent rift update (1.33) it is no longer loading for me.

I have tried to uninstall it, and then re-installed, but still getting a "Fatal Error" message during the application load.

Thanks,
Mike
7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I tried it with 1.33ptc and it worked fine for me.  Not sure what to suggest, maybe contact Oculus Support?

Edit; of course you could also try unselecting the PTC in your Oculus PC app settings/beta tab.  This will take you back to the current public,\

Edit; within the latest 1.33 I also now get this error.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I just opted out of 1.33ptc and rolled back to 1.32.  All works fine (incl Toybox) again.  Hopefully Oculus will fix these bugs before 1.33 becomes final.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Mike_Muck
Explorer
Hi Tom,

Thanks for testing on your side... I didn't want to make a bunch of changes to my setup if it was a widespread issue.

I'll create a ticket with Oculus Support, so they know about the issue.

Thanks again,
Mike

Digikid1
Consultant
I am just surprised that anyone plays this.  LOL!!!!

seems a little.....like a child game to me.  Just curious but what did you find so fun about it?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I think the point of this thread is to help demonstrate the current 1.33ptc bugs.  If there is an error starting up this Oculus store game there maybe problems with other games as well.

I don’t actually play this very often but I do find throwing 2x boomerangs and the catching them kinda fun.  Guess I’m just a big kid at heart, lol!

Mike_Muck
Explorer
It is not one of my normal VR activities, but I am planning on having a group of friends over next month, and I was running through some "simpler" experiences that they may enjoy. This group will average ages between 50-75, so some of the more energetic games would not match this crowd. Additionally, most are not PC gamers, so I need to start them out slow.

Toybox seem to be a really good fit for this group. I am also hoping to get Richie's Plank Experience working within my play area. They have heard me talking about it, and several want to give it a try.

At least now I know I can get Toybox to run!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Update;  This problem now seems fixed with 1.33 final.  Thanks Oculus!