cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking lost screen at boot up and oculus is very jittery

Metalhead_gamer
Honored Guest

About 5 months ago my oculus started having this weird issue of starting up and immediately saying "tracking off" and it will stay on that screen for awhile. Then once it finally boots up, its glitchy and jittery. Its only seeming to get worse over time. Now my internet disconnects every so often and my home screen will freeze. Ive factory reset 3 times already. I noticed this all happening after i downloaded side quest. Help!

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, thank you bringing this to the community. We understand how frustrating this is to you and we would love to help! Tracking issues could be caused by a variety of reasons. Try the following troubleshooting steps below for your tracking and internet. If none of the recommend steps below help please submit a support ticket here and kindly mention all of the troubleshooting steps that you have attempted. 

Here's what to do to troubleshoot the tracking issues you are experiencing:

• Check your environment: If you need to adjust your environment so that tracking can resume, remove your headset and check to make sure that the lighting in the room hasn't changed. If it has, try turning on additional lights or relocating to a more well-lit room.

• Clear your Guardian History: If you’re having problems with tracking, clearing your Guardian history can often fix the issue. Keep in mind that if you have multiple accounts on the same headset, Guardian history will be cleared for all accounts, not just the account you’re currently using. You can clear your history from the Guardian settings panel in VR.
    • Keep in mind, if you clear your history, you’ll need to re-draw your Guardian boundaries.

Once you’ve gone through the steps above to fix the issue that caused the tracking loss, follow the steps for Turning Tracking on.

To turn Tracking back on:

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select Settings from the top right of the panel.
  3. Select Device from the left side of the Settings panel.
  4. Scroll down the list and select Tracking
  5. Select the toggle to re-enable tracking.

Here's what to do to troubleshoot the internet issues you are experiencing:

To troubleshoot Wi-Fi issues using RouteThis Helps:

You can use RouteThis Helps, an app for your iOS or Android phone or tablet, to help diagnose your Wi-Fi issues.

1. Download RouteThis Helps app on your iOS or Android phone or tablet.
  2. Open RouteThis Helps app and tab Begin.
  3. Enter the code FBRL.
  4. Stand within 6 feet of your Oculus Headset and tap Next, then tap Network Scan.
    • The scan takes about 2 minutes. Keep the app open while the scan is running.

• When the scan finishes, you will see a screen displaying your Wi-Fi speed result. Tap Improve Device Performance and follow the instructions in the app.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!