cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to install the oculus pc app will not continue downloading files

Lokahn
Level 2

Long story short, it reaches 1.98 gbs of the 5.12 needed for installation and freezes, sometimes before then. It will not budge, can't exit it conventionally, need to use task manager.

I cannot install this app, support has just given me basic steps that I have followed for days like a religious mantra.

1. Disconnect your internet connection.
  2. Restart in Safe mode.
  3. Erase all the files of Oculus from "C:\Program Files"
  4. Erase all Oculus files from this locations:

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming

C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  5. Restart your computer in a normal mode.
  6. Connect you computer to internet,
  7. Try to install again Oculus app from our website. (to the letter.)

As it stands I have a paper weight that cannot be used in conjunction with my new desktop, and yes this is most definitely vr ready, I was able to use this on my laptop with a 1050ti before it finally died 

Intel i7=10700k / 3070ti/ 16 gbs/ 500 ssd with 300 free as of this moment, I have a log that gives me specific errors.

[Warning] [12/7/2021 12:55:23 AM] Error submitting Marauder packet:
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Error while copying content to a stream. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult) This appears every single time it freezes and at the time of freezing.

//[Warning] [12/7/2021 12:55:23 AM] Error submitting Marauder packet:
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Error while copying content to a stream. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.ConnectStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Daybreak.Net.Networker.<PostJson>d__9.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Daybreak.Net.MarauderClient.<UploadMarauderPacket>d__20.MoveNext() this appears after the previous error

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there, Lokahn! This issue is a doozy; nothing a little troubleshooting can't fix though! This issue with installation may be result of many different reasons, we'll drop a couple different troubleshooting steps to see what might work for you. To begin try the following:

Close or shut down anything you have running to an absolute minimum. This includes the following 

1. Samsung magic for SSD or any other SSD utility
  2. Any motherboard utilities like AI Suite or MSI suite or anything like that
  3. MSI afterburner or any GPU utility tool 
  4. Java update scheduler.
  5. Oculus Debug Tool
  6. Oculus Tray tool
  7. Disable any antivirus anti-malware tools
  8. Steam

(If any of these have been running in your previous attempts close them all, and try again.)

If the instillation still doesn't work after trying the previous steps give the next one a run through! 

1. Disconnect all peripherals except your mouse and monitor (preferably only one monitor running during this attempt if you do have a dual monitor set up) This includes no Oculus link cable plugged in the USB port.

2. Sign into Windows using a local account instead of my Microsoft account

3. From the Microsoft Windows Security settings, shutdown Microsoft Virus and Threat Protection including (Real-time protection, Cloud-delivered protection, Automatic sample submission, and Tamper Protection). Also, shutdown Firewall & network protections including (domain network and private network)

4. Run the Command Prompt using administrator mode and run this command line from the C:\ prompt. C:\OculusSetup.exe /drive=D this is to install the program into any present hard drive instead of an SSD which is present in your tower. 

If attempts to install following the previous steps still don't result in a solution, feel free to submit a support ticket here or send us a PM by doing the following: click here or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. One of our agents will run you through some more troubleshooting options and get this solved for you!

Best of luck; cant wait to hear from you and see if these options worked for you!