cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 2?

pecocus
Protege
I'm adding a third sensor to my system. Right now, everything Rift related is plugged into my Innatek USB 3.0 card. Works fine. I've read that a third sensor should be plugged into a USB 2.0 connection. My computer only has 3.0 and 3.1 connections. Is that going to be an issue?

Thanks! 
5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
That's fine. Just plug the 3rd sensor to the motherboard.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

pecocus
Protege
Thank you!  Somewhat related to this, should I be running the Innatek drivers or the MS drivers for the USB PCI card?  Thanks again!

cybereality
Grand Champion
The Microsoft drivers are best, but if your system is working maybe not mess with anything.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

pecocus
Protege
I'm using the MS drivers and it does seem to work just fine.  I only ask because, without the company drivers, OTT doesn't recognize that the card is there and I can't tell it to make whatever registry changes it makes.  On the other hand and to your point...  it IS working.  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can also confirm that having HMD + 2 Sensors on a Motherboards USB2 block (all 3 devices on same block not split!) work just as well as USB3 would.
I even added a USB3 PCI (not PCIe) card and even that powers HMD + 1 Sensors but complains at adding a second on the same block. Just so you realise that Oculus have got this to run much more efficient than they expected. Hence the rear third Sensor is best over distance with only USB2 as USB3 can not sustain power over distance yet none of this gear actually even requires USB3. Tested and proven on my Xeon Quad Duo.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AWP9LMG/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1 (for those with only PCI available)
All of that does make a mockery of the "recommended minimum specs"!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?