cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Driver Update Recommended - I have latest?

deansouth8
Explorer
So, I'm seeing RED triangle that usually indicates issue. It seems to be just a warning though below there is a yellow triangle message on the two USB devices that are connected to my Fresco USB.  "Your headset is plugged in correctly. If you encounter tracking issues, updating your driver (Fresco Logic) may improve performance."

Is there an updated driver I don't know about somewhere?  I'm pretty spiffy with these darn computers thingies and I'm pretty sure I have the most supported drivers that are available to me are installed on here.  I'm running 3.8.33709.0 in device manager and it's what plants crave.

The thing is I looked at the driver version in device manager and the driver version on the Fresco Logic website and they are identical. I did a repair with the downloaded copy. Rebooted. Unplugged all USB devices. Removed all hidden drivers  and hardware listed in device manager. Rebooted. Reinstalled Oculus drivers from program files support folder. Tossed my keyboard really hard on the ground whywl my b2dtteries f3ll out. Not because of this but because of the incessant flashing and temporary and sometimes permanent loss of HDCP my TV does when connected to my computer when on a mostly white webpage or image. It's just the TV, doesn't do it on the secondary monitor. It also seems to coincide with what I type and where I type it. I just played with typing a, p and, b in one spot and consistently got it to do it over and over but not with other characters. GOD! Weird. BOINK HDCP! Yes Oculus anything makes it very hard to deal with because of the mostly eye piercing all white themes.  I don't think I have ever seen it happen with Oculus app completely closed but, can't confirm fully that observation.  Alright enough sharing.

20 REPLIES 20

Boneboys
Protege
I had the same issue yesterday using the same Fresco drivers after updating my Logitech Gaming Software.
Everything else including W10 is up to date.
I tried everything, reinstalling and checking Fresco driver page for updates without success.

I finally fixed the issue by completely removing the Fresco Driver, rebooting and letting W10 update the system with Fresco Logic USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft).
This has in fact improved the system in general, tracking is good (3 sensor) and everything boots directly into USB 3, where previously I often needed to re-start Oculus and quickly unplug / plug in the sensors to get everything in order.
I also reset the whole play/sensor setup, which for some reason asked if I wanted to run the setup every time I opened Oculus.

Might help, might not.
Good luck.

Get a Grasp, get a Grip, get Rifting.

Pic0o
Protege
I too have the 'USB driver update recommended" for my sensor plugged into a Fresco FL1100EX controller.  I have the OEM driver from here installed currently https://support.frescologic.com/portal/kb/articles/latest-drivers
But I will try the Windows 10 ones out.  Also of note with the Fresco Logic drivers, it also shows that sensor as USB 2.0 in the Oculus software under devices.

Giving that a try and I'll update if any issues.  Thanks for the info!
Edit: I uninstalled the Fresco drivers version 3.8.33709.0, rebooted and got the Fresco Logic USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) Drivers in Device Manager.
Just for reference, the Microsoft Driver version in device properties is 10.0.16299.15.
Error in Rift went away under devices.  Thanks again.

TL;DR fix: Remove the Fresco drivers and let Windows update put the Microsoft ones in place.

deansouth8
Explorer
Like out of the toilet?
Thanks sooo much for the response Bu buu Boneboys. 😮  :# 😄  Your saving me a lot of time. Pic0o too me thinks.  I'm going to try this as soon as I can.

maxx11111
Adventurer

Pic0o said:

I too have the 'USB driver update recommended" for my sensor plugged into a Fresco FL1100EX controller.  I have the OEM driver from here installed currently https://support.frescologic.com/portal/kb/articles/latest-drivers
But I will try the Windows 10 ones out.  Also of note with the Fresco Logic drivers, it also shows that sensor as USB 2.0 in the Oculus software under devices.

Giving that a try and I'll update if any issues.  Thanks for the info!
Edit: I uninstalled the Fresco drivers version 3.8.33709.0, rebooted and got the Fresco Logic USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) Drivers in Device Manager.
Just for reference, the Microsoft Driver version in device properties is 10.0.16299.15.
Error in Rift went away under devices.  Thanks again.

TL;DR fix: Remove the Fresco drivers and let Windows update put the Microsoft ones in place.

doing this removes the warning but my 3rd sensor now says usb2 no matter how i swap the leads around i have 2 inatek cards and have the third sensor on it own card.

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

This is madness. If Oculus gives warnings they should explain them or leave them out. Unbelievable how end users are starting to waste time again with this stuff...

deansouth8
Explorer
Agreed, Hornet.  I performed the actions that Boneboys o   D  suggested.  It worked for 24 hours but, now presented with my longest USB 2 run missing completely and the same errors. I'm upgrading to the Alpha Not Quite Ready For Prime Time Brawndo Monster Truck Challenge Beta Public 2.0 Total Annihilation version to see what happens.  While installing I just split my pants like the Incredible Hulk and found a way to win at winning. I even won at exorcise like riding a dinosaur attached to a rocket ship.  I somehow don't think it's going to work though.  BTW, I wouldn't worry about the USB 2 thing. Everyone including me say that it runs fine on USB 2.  For some reason I'm a fan of keeping the HDM portion hooked to USB3 in good shape.

deansouth8
Explorer
Oh... Hey...  After that install I was prompted by the ha...Alpha Not Quite Ready For Prime Time Brawndo Monster Truck Challenge Beta Public 2.0 Total Annihilation version to update my damn video card drivers.  I wonder if the (dear god) Beta version is a false positive. 

Boneboys
Protege

I wouldn't worry about the USB 2 thing.

The trick now is to restart the computer (check that the headset is running on USB 3).
On reboot all devices will show as USB 3 connected (my 3rd sensor is connected to a USB 2 port).
The quickly unplug/plugin sensor trick no longer works, neither does restarting Oculus services.

Rebooting works everytime (for me anyhow).
Might help, might not !
Get a Grasp, get a Grip, get Rifting.

Urma_Gurd
Protege

Pic0o said:

For me after uninstalling the Fresco drivers from "Add or Remove Programs", the Microsoft auto-installed drivers are "Fresco Logic USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)" version 10.0.16299.125 dated 07/12/2017.

And yes, the red triangle warnings on Oculus Devices went away after this fix. Nice. Shame oculus help doesn't explain this.