cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Open Oculus Home (Desktop Icon)

Chillyknowbody
Honored Guest
Hi,

I have been trying to get 1.3 installed to use with my DK2 to do some unreal work however I am unable to get oculus home to open which has stopped me from fully installing 1.3

Everything to do with the installation is fine until I am prompted to move onto logging into my oculus account and nothing happens, I never see the oculus home login screen.

I am unable to load up the desktop icon either, no matter how many times I try to install it.

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14

Chillyknowbody
Honored Guest
I have still not found a way to totally get rid of the old runtime, everything is uninstalled and I have been unable to locate what is causing this issue.

I really don't want to do a full system restore/reset.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Chillyknowbody
Honored Guest
I have solved this issue by resetting windows back to default which removed the old runtime, very disappointed that I had to go to such lengths to make this work.

Zynamic
Honored Guest
I'm missing the Desktop icon entirely on Windows Server 2016. It's been stat way for all Beta versions.

cybereality
Grand Champion
As far as I know, we are not supporting Windows Server, so that may be the issue.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Zynamic
Honored Guest
Anyone fancy looking into the missing pieces for Windows Server? It's pretty similar to Windows 10 so I'd hope there was a slight change to enable Desktop.