cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Open Oculus Home (Desktop Icon)

Chillyknowbody
Level 2
Hi,

I have been trying to get 1.3 installed to use with my DK2 to do some unreal work however I am unable to get oculus home to open which has stopped me from fully installing 1.3

Everything to do with the installation is fine until I am prompted to move onto logging into my oculus account and nothing happens, I never see the oculus home login screen.

I am unable to load up the desktop icon either, no matter how many times I try to install it.

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14

Chillyknowbody
Level 2
I have still not found a way to totally get rid of the old runtime, everything is uninstalled and I have been unable to locate what is causing this issue.

I really don't want to do a full system restore/reset.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Chillyknowbody
Level 2
I have solved this issue by resetting windows back to default which removed the old runtime, very disappointed that I had to go to such lengths to make this work.

Zynamic
Level 2
I'm missing the Desktop icon entirely on Windows Server 2016. It's been stat way for all Beta versions.

cybereality
Level 16
As far as I know, we are not supporting Windows Server, so that may be the issue.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Zynamic
Level 2
Anyone fancy looking into the missing pieces for Windows Server? It's pretty similar to Windows 10 so I'd hope there was a slight change to enable Desktop.