cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add payment method.

Tatsu1991
Explorer
I have tried two different cards on the website, Desktop App, Phone App and Headset itself. Used Edge,Chrome and Firefox also have tried with mobile data Versus internent no such luck. Everywhere but the phone app i get the message Error There was an error trying to add your payment method / Please Check your card info. 

On the phone app one card tells me Please Review your card info and try again or Contact your bank for Assistence. The other card says Sorry Your payment failed please update or change your payment method. One card i have added on facebook already the other Facebook refuses to add so i know at least one should work.
40 REPLIES 40

wtbentley
Honored Guest
Your not alone.  I emailed them last night and they wanted a shit ton of info from me to "try and resolve the problem"  Glad I am not the only one but sorry also its happening to others.  I WANT to give you money for crying out loud.  ugg

Tatsu1991
Explorer

wtbentley said:

Your not alone.  I emailed them last night and they wanted a shit ton of info from me to "try and resolve the problem"  Glad I am not the only one but sorry also its happening to others.  I WANT to give you money for crying out loud.  ugg

i got a friends card added same type of card (Debit and Green Dot) that one added but their is no difference between the cards other than the number as we share the same zip code.  My Card works everywhere else and is added to every other gaming site so i am at a loss as Three cards did not work My Green Dot,Paypal debit and an actual Bank card.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey, we'd be happy to look into this with you! Please click here to submit a ticket, and include a screenshot of the error that you're seeing so that we can check this out further with you. Thanks!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Tatsu1991
Explorer

Hey, we'd be happy to look into this with you! Please  to submit a ticket, and include a screenshot of the error that you're seeing so that we can check this out further with you. Thanks!

Like most here i have a open ticket. But seeing all these people who never got their issue fixed is worrying.

RamseyRams
Honored Guest
I couldn't use my creditcard anymore to buy games so I watched payment method from creditcard to paypal and that seems to work. Not sure if that's something that could work for you?

Zeromox
Honored Guest
same problem here 😞 the support can´t solve the problem, can´t add some Creditcards...

Tatsu1991
Explorer

Zeromox said:

same problem here 😞 the support can´t solve the problem, can´t add some Creditcards...

Any Reply from support for you i have been waiting a week with nothing after being told a response time frame

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same issue. I have used paypal so far but it's really frustrating because now the card is needed to verify developer mode and I'm going to possibly be locked out of my sidequest apps and things like that simply because for some reason the card wont go through directly. Have a ticket open but not sure if it will help considering the stuff I've seen online

I have a slight suspicion it's related to my name, because there has been one instance in the past where the non-latin letters in my last name caused a card to fail and I had to replace the letter "ä" with "a" for example. However that is impossible to do on Oculus since they take your name from Facebook presumably. If anyone else has the same issue and similar name situation then I guess it could narrow down the issue

wendy_jones_549
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue. I used the same payment to purchase the Oculus quest for my husband and an Oculus rift s for my son, they've gotten theirs. My Oculus order status is on "hold". I called Discover Card and they told me it was NOT on their end, which I already knew. I don't know what else to do. My Oculus is due to be shipped on Feb 9th. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?