over a month later with a brand new PC, fresh Win 10 install and I'm still getting the exact same and official help tickets are getting nowhere as well. This is pretty pathetic.
Have you looked at the event viewer after it fails? Just right click the start button and it should be listed "Event Viewer". Give it a second to load, and once it does, there will be a menu with categories such as Error, Warning, Critical, etc. There should (hopefully) only be one (or two/3) under error and/or critical in the last hour. Click the arrow to drop down the list under the category (error/critical). In that list you'lll find a apps with the 3 numbers next to them of when they failed, last hour, 24 hours, 7 days. Try to catch it right after it fails so you only need to look within the last hour. There should be one named OVRServiceLauncher or OVR something. This will detail on what caused the failure. Mine was what is shown below, and I fixed it by running secpol.msc and finding the log on as a service option (i believe its in a category that starts with "Users..." and adding Net Service to the list. I added Service and Local Service too but believe just Net wouldve done it as well. Easiest way to add is choosing advanced in the popup window for adding a user and then selecting find now which should bring up a list of users on the computer. Find net service and add apply and save and should solve installation issues.
The OVRLibraryService service was unable to log on as NT SERVICE\OVRLibraryService with the currently configured password due to the following error: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. Service: OVRLibraryService Domain and account: NT SERVICE\OVRLibraryService This service account does not have the required user right "Log on as a service." User Action Assign "Log on as a service" to the service account on this computer. You can use Local Security Settings (Secpol.msc) to do this. If this computer is a node in a cluster, check that this user right is assigned to the Cluster service account on all nodes in the cluster. If you have already assigned this user right to the service account, and the user right appears to be removed, check with your domain administrator to find out if a Group Policy object associated with this node might be removing the right