cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock pattern

xenopus0613
Level 2

Hello… feeling very frustrated as I brought my oculus 2 on a plane to visit my brother thinking he might like to try it and see if he’d like me to gift him one.  However I’m only here for a few days and cannot remember my unlock pattern (I actually don’t even remember creating one, but my memory isn’t great). When I search for ways to remedy this, nothing works. Please send me an email with a link to fix this. I’m so disappointed this is so vexing. Apparently I’m not the only one who has been troubled by this!! Why does it have to be this hard??
thanks, 

Emily 

2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @xenopus0613! We understand you'd love to share the VR experience with your brother but are having issues with getting into your headset due to the pattern on it. So that we can get started on helping you on this, can you please let us know what troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

We'd like to continue this conversation in PM as we may need some account information as well. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

It's a security feature so it's supposed to be hard to circumvent, although you'd think it would be possible via the phone app.

You'll probably end up doing a factory reset. It's not the end of the world. reset, re-pair to your phone and re-download the games you want to play. Take the controller batteries out when the reset headset starts up - one of the first things the startup process will have you do is remove the plastic tabs from the battery compartments. Put the batteries back in then.